Best album - #3 - MY DYING BRIDE.

Which MDB album is your favourite?

• Total voters
I had to pick both the newest one and TLTS. The EPs are good too. I think their mid era doom work is quite dull. 34% is okay. They got back on the right track with TDH and the most recent.

Still don't have The Angel and the Dark River.

Frostangelstorm said:
Percent is their most unique, unusual album. Everything else they have done has a trademark MDB sound, percent is absolutely different.
Yeah, it did sound a lot different than I expected it to. I had always thought them to be more death/doom, which that album certainly wasn't.

Erik said:
it's worth it only for "symphonaire infernus...", the song

their absolute masterpiece imo... completely epic

you might have heard it live if you have the first dvd?

Yeah, I've heard it on Voice Of The Wretched. Do they always perform it at encores or something? I think I heard God Is Alone too, during a break between lessons at school I think, in friend's headphones.

Impudent said:
Yeah, it did sound a lot different than I expected it to. I had always thought them to be more death/doom, which that album certainly wasn't.

Their other releases do that much better. Achieve the doom/death sound I mean.

Ellestin said:
"Like Godz of the Sun" but that's mainly 'cause I'm gay and have very poor knowledge of the band's earlier offerings

That was my choice too, despite not being gay and having a more than adequate knowledge of the bands entire discography.

Susperia said:
I can't think of a time on Angel and the Dark River when he does that. Explanation please.

Take your own
Sick with fever
And cry out loud
to God
Your sorry own
Will be piled upon me
That I can't see
My God

You know there's two different vocal styles right? One is "whiny bitch" and one is "I am Satan here me roar." So which are you talking about, and what the fuck is QED, and there's a shitload more to Doom Metal than My Dying Faggot.