Best album of the year?

My top 3 for the year (thus far) are:

Dark Tranquillity - Damage Done
Vader - Revelations
Symphony X - The Odyssey

Followed closely by:
Nile - In Their Darkened Shrines
Arch Enemy - Wages Of Sin

Don't have a no. 1 album of the year yet, but these are my highlights so far (in no particular order):

- Arcturus - The Sham Mirrors
- Detonation - An Epic Defiance
- Daylight Dies - No Reply
- Soilwork - Natural Born Chaos
- Rapture - Songs For The Withering
- Anouk - Graduated Fool
- Dark Tranquillity - Damage Done
- Green Carnation - Light Of Day, Day Of Darkness (it's from 2001, I know...)
- Darkane - Expanding Senses

Disappointments of the year:
- Opeth - Deliverance
- Nile - In Their Darkened Shrines
- Myrkskog - Superior Massacre
- Sentenced - The Cold White Light

These albums don't downright suck, but came nowhere near what I expected/ hoped them to be.

Seriously why are half the people posting choosing Opeth's Deliverance? Call me a fool and stone me but I have Still Life, Morningrise, and Blackwater Park and I really was never able to really get into Opeth..they kind of bored me. Then I heard that Deliverance was different..it was all just the "brutal" if you will, side of Opeth. So I said hell yeah I'll check this out and it bored me way more than any of the three albums I mentioned above..Someone explain to me what I'm doing wrong here..please..

Originally posted by Soilent Goat
Seriously why are half the people posting choosing Opeth's Deliverance? Call me a fool and stone me but I have Still Life, Morningrise, and Blackwater Park and I really was never able to really get into Opeth..they kind of bored me. Then I heard that Deliverance was different..it was all just the "brutal" if you will, side of Opeth. So I said hell yeah I'll check this out and it bored me way more than any of the three albums I mentioned above..Someone explain to me what I'm doing wrong here..please..

Opeth is not for you obviously.

Originally posted by Static
Try not to base your opinions on expectations.

Bad way of going about it.
I try, but when you read raving reviews and hear everyone praise an album before you heard it, it's hard not to become hopeful (happened with Nile).
Originally posted by jester00
have a cry. you because you didnt enjoy it doesnt mean you need to troll
Troll??! :lol: Relax, don't take it so hard.

So far its kinda hard to decide between all of these but overall it was a good year i must say. :D

- The Berzerker (Dissimulate)
- Dark Tranquillity (Damage Done)
- Lacuna Coil (Comalies)
- Imapled (Mono Medical)
- Arch Enemy (Wages of Sin)
- The Kovenant (In Times Before The Light Re-constructed)
- Source of Tide (Blueprints)

Hmm... I don't think I need to put this, their votes topping the question, but, my vote would go to one of the three, Opeth, Nile, or Dark Tranquility. I can't really decide. If it means anything, I'm leaning more toward Nile at this point.. but only cause I'm listening to them.

In flames- reoute to remain(all of you who don't like this cd can piss s off)
ISIS: Oceanic(Brilliant album)
Killswitch engage: alive or just breathing
Most precious blood: Nothing in vain.

no best one, but sure highlights also here ...

NILE 'In Their Darkenest Shrine'
INCANTATION 'Blasphemy'
SHINING 'Sjålvdestruktivitetens Emissarie'
ANNIHILATUS 'Blood & War'
SATANIC WARMASTER 'Black Katharsis'
WYRD 'Heathen'

Edit: Judas Iscariot 'Moonlight Butchery' is worth a mention though ....

Originally posted by Mocika
and the new Wyrd is already available:)

sure the 'Huldrafolk''s worth a mention, even played in a more nervous & darker way, I though noticed 'Heathen' because it's made of an unique endless track that evolute from abyssic to pagan atmospheres without the least break, hellgood!