This Friday i'm going to see NILE

Bleakest Harvest

\m/Misanthropic Hippy\m/
Nov 11, 2001
Ireland
Visit site
Can't wait for this, the bill for this is Nile + Sinister + Gorerotted

Anyone in this forum seen Nile live before? If so what are they like?

Im really looking forward to this, as In Their Darknened Shrines is probably my fav album so far this year (until the new Opeth album of course :D )

i've been told by someone that the London gig is on the same day that yet another TUBE strike is on... so you might want to look into it if your going to the London gig...

i saw Nile last time around, pretty good, not as great as i thought it might be though, seeing as they were meant to be one of the best live acts of 2000 or something, still great though.

oh and if you want to see the band after if its at the Mean Fiddler all you have to do is wait outside the main entrance for them to come out, then run up to them like a mad man :lol: not that i done that. if its at the underworld i suppose you can see the tour bus around the back or something...

Nile put on a really great show when I saw them in NYC in August. The use of three vocalists works really well in concert, and they songs sounded even more powerful than on record. The band also showed a lot of enthusiasm during the show and after, when they came down from the stage into the fan area! I think that's pretty damn cool. So, I think you're going to enjoy Nile quite a lot, especially if you like their new album (they played at least three songs from that, some from BSoV, and earlier material).

Nile is extremely impressive live. They are the most tight band I've ever seen live. Simply amazing, and they're hella nice guys as well.

I saw Nile open for Cannibal Corpse, along with Krisiun and a shitty local rapmetal band in Orlando in 2000. Nile was...interesting. Their drummer is a machine. I noticed the samples were sort of out of time...but it was still badass.

Finally bought Black Seeds of Vengeance not too long ago. Wanna hear the new album...

What's it called again?

I'm actually pretty new to Nile. I bought my first Nile album (In their Darkened Shrines) a few days ago and it's now one of my favourite albums ever. I didn't listen to anything else for about two days. I had heard them before, but i had no idea how awesome they were until i bought that album.
I just have aquestion about that album. Who's playing the guitars and who's playing the bass exactly? Because in the cover it says Guitar. Bass for both Karl Sanders and Dallas Toler-Wade, and there is definitely more than one guitar on the album. This could of course be done in the studio if they both share the bass tracks, but how is it done live? Do they just get a bassist they take on tour now or what? Sorry, this just kinda confused me, i wanted to get it straight.

Originally posted by sands of the seas
I'm actually pretty new to Nile. I bought my first Nile album (In their Darkened Shrines) a few days ago and it's now one of my favourite albums ever. I didn't listen to anything else for about two days. I had heard them before, but i had no idea how awesome they were until i bought that album.
I just have aquestion about that album. Who's playing the guitars and who's playing the bass exactly? Because in the cover it says Guitar. Bass for both Karl Sanders and Dallas Toler-Wade, and there is definitely more than one guitar on the album. This could of course be done in the studio if they both share the bass tracks, but how is it done live? Do they just get a bassist they take on tour now or what? Sorry, this just kinda confused me, i wanted to get it straight.

Karl and Dallas play guitar live, and Jon Vesano plays bass. I was just as confused to see his name left off the credits, not real sure why he didnt record on the album. Tony is so fucking sick

KHEFTIU ASAR BUTCHIU jn jn jn jn jn jn :headbang:

I think John joined during the recording process and just did his vox. Anyway he plays bass live and is the "main" singer.
And very good he is too, saw 'em last year and it was JUST GREAT.
They have a computer which plays all the chanting and hooting bits.
I was going to go, but then I found out Sentenced were playing and thought I'd save my £££ for that...

I'm going to see Nile at the Mean Fiddler tomorrow, and I'm beginning to get a bit excited about it!

I have to walk to the venue from Waterloo though, because of the Tube Strike (GRRRRRRR @ London Underground).

Oh and to all those of youthat have seen and experienced a Nile gig, is it dangerous to go at the front...and especially as I'm not a big person?

In Their Darkened Shrines is probably my favourite album so far this year (Opeth and Bloodbath will probably raise above it though:D ), amazing it is, especially the drumming, holy shit!!:eek:

But the one song I really hoep they place Ramses Bringer of War, the first song I heard by them and still my fav!