Best Band From Finland?

Morningrise

...I am just thin air...
Jul 12, 2001
Austin
Visit site
Since we have someone asking what your favorite Swedish band is, I thought I would ask favorite band from Finland. I would probably have to say Amorphis or Children of Bodom, both of which have influenced me greatly. So what's yours?

For some reason I always thought Sentenced was from Canada...

Vintersorg's new CD "Cosmic Genesis" is pretty darn good. I heard the earlier ones weren't that great though.

Vintersorg's singing on the upcoming Borknagar album, so I'm excited about that. :)

Originally posted by rogue27
For some reason I always thought Sentenced was from Canada...

Vintersorg's new CD "Cosmic Genesis" is pretty darn good. I heard the earlier ones weren't that great though.

Vintersorg's singing on the upcoming Borknagar album, so I'm excited about that. :)

The first time I heard Opeth I thought they were from canada too , he he weird , but if you've ever been yo Newfoundland and actually weren't a stereotypical(is that a word) person then you would say that Opeth should really live hear . very nice place , like the only viking touched place in canada

From the bands of the moment, I'd choose The Black League. CoB are good, but not that great and both Amorphis and Sentenced have gone downwards lately (still like their older stuff a lot).

Timo Rautiainen & Trio Niskalaukaus is a great live-band (saw them in Turku about a week ago)!

Also, there are lots of great "not-so-famous" bands around here in Finland, for example Enter My Silence, Noumena and Thales.

-Villain

shame on you! no one mentioned Skepticism, Dolorian, Shape Of Despair and Thergothon! some of the best doom came out of Finland.
Thy Serpent also deserve a mention...
and i must say i believe CoB, Nightwish, Sentenced and Amorphis are way overrated.

Stone, damn right! I can't really disagree with your opinion, Villain.

For the uninitiated, Stone made a few classic thrash records in the early 80's easily on par with "the big names", then disbanded soon after. Brilliant musicians Too bad they didn't really have time to make it outside of Finland.

I've started to really dislike COB lately, to the point of selling all their records. Teenage metal if you like *ducks* ;)