Best batteries for a wireless guitar rig?

bryan_kilco

Nov 22, 2007
Poconos, PA
Hey guys, I have a Line6 wireless unit at home waiting for my arrival and I was just wondering what brand batteries ya'll use in yours.

For my pedals and such, I normally just go with Dollar Store batteries since they are so cheap compared to $6 9v somewhere else. But our bassist stuck one of my cheap-o batteries into his wireless unit and we watched the battery meter drop 2-3 bars in like 1-2 mins, which can't be good.

Obviously you have your Energizer or Duracell, but anything else out there that's highly recommended that I don't know about? Or am I better of sticking with cheaper sets since I'll most likely be changing batteries before every show just to be sure.

ALSO - what about rechargeable batteries? I've heard these are bad tone suckers since they arent true alkaline or something. Not sure how true this is.

I use procells for stuff. http://www.thetapeworks.com/tape/in...30_110&zenid=425922f9311e1d590acbf3caab71eec8
That said, I do some theatrical work and most of the big tours (think 20-50 wireless units) use rechargeable lithium ions (AA's though). You definitely would have never seen that a few years ago. I'd recommend buying a multimeter and measuring your batteries. A new 9v measures 9.5-9.7v. It depends on the device how low it gets before it shits the bed. My rule of thumb with Shure wireless stuff is not to toss them once they're under 9v but you can definitely push passed that point--- you just have to weigh cheapness against your fear of embarrassing failure. You can always save oldies for rehearsals.