Best Carcass album?

All are good. Swansong is no grindcore but 10 times better than any Megadeth-album.

Start with Heartwork.

Warning. You may not like their political views but Jeff Walker has probably penned some of the best lyrics ever.

Arg_Hamster said:
All are good. Swansong is no grindcore but 10 times better than any Megadeth-album.

Start with Heartwork.

Warning. You may not like their political views but Jeff Walker has probably penned some of the best lyrics ever.

I sampled Heartwork on iTunes...I liked that but they don't offer the full album...I'll try that and Swansong. I'm not a grindcore fan...I like the more accessible, melodic death metal stuff and I love Michael Amott, so those sound like a good place to start.

I don't give a fuck about the political views as long as the music's good...it's not like you can understand it anyway without reading a lyrics sheet.

Thanks, dudes.

Like Arg said pretty much all of them are good. I love Heartwork and Necroticism: Descanting The Insalubrious:headbang: Descanting is more grind though and if you don't like that style of music then I wouldn't spend your money on it. Great fucking band!!

Side note: Jeff Walker's "Welcome to Carcass Cuntry" is coming out March 14!

schenkadere said:
Why was Swansong a "sell out"?

Not sure why people say that but I have heard quite a few people say it. I would always ask what they meant by that and would never really get a very good answer. I like the album alot myself..

Onslaught said:
My fav of all time is "Necroticism...."

Mine too!! They need to include a toothpick with that album to get all the crunchy riffs out of your teeth after listening to it. Some of the best riffs ever written on that album.

Swansong is my fav. Riff after riff after riff. If thats selling out, thats selling out in style. Tomorrow belongs to nobody :headbang:

Symphonies Of Sickness is my favorite. I never had heartwork, and I bought swansong and took it back to the store about 2 days later. I liked the song Go to Hell, but other than that..nothing grabbed me. I should probably give it another listen. Its WAY different than their pre heartwork stuff though.

Evil Dead said:
Symphonies Of Sickness is my favorite. I never had heartwork, and I bought swansong and took it back to the store about 2 days later. I liked the song Go to Hell, but other than that..nothing grabbed me. I should probably give it another listen. Its WAY different than their pre heartwork stuff though.

never had heartwork??!! go get that you son of a bitch.

MyHatred said:
Like Arg said pretty much all of them are good. I love Heartwork and Necroticism: Descanting The Insalubrious:headbang: Descanting is more grind though and if you don't like that style of music then I wouldn't spend your money on it. Great fucking band!!

Side note: Jeff Walker's "Welcome to Carcass Cuntry" is coming out March 14!

no its been moved to May 9th