Carcass

BlackMetalTyrant said:
Overkill is musically awesome, But I hate the vocals. I cant stand this singer at all.
I have to partially agree. I liked everything up to Under The Influence but
when Bobby changed his vocals to a high pitched style on Horrorscope my interest in that band just dropped ever since.

I listened to Heartwork the other day. I never really payed much attention to it in the past. I'd heard mixed things about it - but I bought it a few years ago anyway.

Anyhow, after maybe 18 months of not listening to it in full - I almost cried. It's a horribly generic album, with a lack of any sort of song writing cohesion. It has a few moments with some cool riffs and rhythmic patterns, but other than that, it really isn't great. I like Necroticism though - thats a cool album and Jeff Walker's vocals are wicked (inlcuding Heartwork).

But yeah, as far as Heartwork goes, its pretty much just a mediocre album that should probably be forgotten.

Overkill is cool too, but there are better thash bands and it is understandable to not like Bobby Ellsworth's vocals, much like Mustaine, I think hes an acquired taste.

Overkill is cool too, but there are better thash bands and it is understandable to not like Bobby Ellsworth's vocals, much like Mustaine, I think hes an acquired taste.

NO U STUPID POSER YOURE GETTING BANNED NOW U R MORE STUPID WITH EVERY POST YOU MAKE HOW CAN YOU SAY OVERKILL IS NOT THE BEST THRASH EVER MADE AND THAT SOMEONE CAN TOP THEM THEY WERE THE FIRST MAN AND BOBBY IS THE BEST VOCALIST EVERYONE WHO DOESENT LIKE HIS VOCALS SHOULD BE LISTENING TO AS I LAY DYING AND OTHER CRAPPY POP BANDS AND DOESENT ENJOY THRASH

OK PLEZE BAN THIS FUCKER

BAN BAN BAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

WHY DONT YOU NEGROES RESPECT OVERKILL AAARRRGHHHH!!!! IF YOU DONT LIKE OVERKILL, YOU BETTER STICK WITH IN FLAMES WIGGER!!!!!!!!!!

if you just bought it, how could it be one of the greatest cd's youve ever heard? doesnt it take time to listen to albums, digest them, have them stand the test of time and then see how they compare to all your current/previous favorite albums?

misfit said:
I almost cried. It's a horribly generic album, with a lack of any sort of song writing cohesion.

....wait, did you just describe At The Gates 'slaughter of the soul' ?

I agree with tyrant. Heart work is a fucking amazing album. Great riffs, great solos and fuck man... that first track just gets you. This mortal coil is prolly my fav on the record. I don't know what is wrong with you guys. I never was a huge fan of the gore stuff the did before heartwork but Carcass really set the standard for alot of genre's. They pioneered grind, melodic death metal and Rot and Roll. I mean fuck dood, atleast acknowlegde that. and.....Over kill does fucking blow balls. They are a 5th rate thrash band.

Ok, what I meant was Death'n Roll, You know the stuff they played on swan song.

Here is a definition from wikipedia
Death and Roll (Sometimes Death 'n Roll) is a genre of music that fuses hard rock with death metal. The first album in this style is normally judged to be Wolverine Blues by Entombed. Apart from Entombed, other exponents include Dismember, Gandalf and Six Feet Under.

Necroticism is certainly their best (and one of my all time favorite albums), but I havent found a Carcass album I didn't like.