Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Endtyme

Votes: 1 8.3%
  • The VIIth Coming

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Black Winter Day said:
Fat%20Andy.jpg

Bob McVale, of Millersville, KY, likes Cathedral.
Cathedral > Sunn 0)))))))))))))))(((((((((((

Bob McVale needs the "Manzier" AKA "Bro"

Forest of Equilibrium saved my life.

Ethereal Mirror is their masterpiece.

VIIth Coming is when they finally decided to stop fucking around. (Endtyme seemed too 'we've been fucking around and must fix it! but it sounded forced and I hate everything the producer on that one touches)

All albums have at least 3 worthwhile songs though. :)

Soul Sacrifice, Hopkins, and Statik Majik EPs are all top of the line stuff as well.

Are Sunn 0))) and Cathedral even comparable? If so I should pick up some more Cathedral, post haste!

NAD said:
Are Sunn 0))) and Cathedral even comparable?
No, not at all. Cathedral for the most part are doomy throwback rock, sometimes getting experimental and psychadelic. Make no mistake about it though, this would appeal to retro-rock fans.

'Doom' - it can describe anything nowadays.

I really like The Ethereal Mirror, but it's not my first choice for this type of music. The intro track is the best on that album, if they would've saved those riffs for toward the end I'd probably reach for it more often.

No, I only have the Ethereal Mirror, and I've heard Cathedral has changed a few times throughout their days, then J. makes the comparison so I was thinking "whoah, have I been missing out on some drone/doom stuff with their other albums!?!"

Figured, but I wanted to make sure, because Sunn 0))) gives me a giant extended head boner like this:

8===))))))))))))))

forest easy
but its the only one I still listen to anyway

have you heard the demo?
i was freindly with adam who played guitar on thier early stuff at the time (tape trading etc)and after he'd been in acid reign it came as a bit of a shock when he sent me that....pure fucking misery that was, excellent

I think the tracks later appeared on a rise above comp with some other great doom like count raven

Can somebody upload some tracks from The Ethereal Mirror?

Edit - Also would like a track or two from The VIIth Coming.

Cheers in advance, I'm off to the post office and grub central.

Recently I've become very interested in Cathedral... I already have their first EP and album, which are of course in a different style than the newer stuff (and I love the dirgey nature of those recordings) but I'm interested in getting into newer Cathedral, especially following their superb performance at this year's Wacken. So since there are a number of people who like Cathedral in here, I'd like some advice on what to buy next, mostly.
Easy answer is Cathedral - The Carnival Bizarre. Bloody brilliant