Best cheap vodka?

Smirnoff silver (90 proof) is very good, and only 11.49 a 750 ml bottle where I am. Honestly, I think it has a cleaner taste than the top line vodkas.

Anyway, vodka is the weirdest liquor to rate, as essentially it has no flavor--or should have no flavor. And many of the top line vodkas are brewed to have some touch of flavor, which ruins them for me. So, essentially what I am saying is, you're absolutely wasting your money buying expensive vodka, and should use whatever the difference between grey goose and smirnoff is, to buy a decent scotch/beer/wine.

Anyway, vodka is the weirdest liquor to rate, as essentially it has no flavor--or should have no flavor. And many of the top line vodkas are brewed to have some touch of flavor, which ruins them for me. So, essentially what I am saying is, you're absolutely wasting your money buying expensive vodka, and should use whatever the difference between grey goose and smirnoff is, to buy a decent scotch/beer/wine.

I'm not sure, speed, I'd take Goose over Smirnoff any day, and I'd say in a blind taste test a fair number would do the same.

Good to see you around these parts though! You'll find some interesting discussion sooner or later

What ever happened to that "chick" who had an avatar of her slamming a bottle of Smirnoff? Blondie I think her name was

I'm not sure, speed, I'd take Goose over Smirnoff any day, and I'd say in a blind taste test a fair number would do the same.

Well it is a bit smoother. But tastewise, as vodka is essentially a flavorless liquor, there's really not a heck of alot of difference--especially if you drink your vodka chilled. And smirnoff is quite good despite its relatively low price; really, there's not much difference between it and Stoli.

Good to see you around these parts though! You'll find some interesting discussion sooner or later

Yes, I saw an alcohol thread, and as a high functioning alcoholic who drinks a few shots of vodka everyday, I decided to post.

Well it is a bit smoother. But tastewise, as vodka is essentially a flavorless liquor, there's really not a heck of alot of difference--especially if you drink your vodka chilled. And smirnoff is quite good despite its relatively low price; really, there's not much difference between it and Stoli.

Main difference between cheap and expensive vodkas is basically the smoothness of it. It all tastes like rubbing alcohol, more expensive brands are merely a smoother form of it. :p

I gave up on this 'cheap vodka' thread after Belvedere and Grey Goose where mentioned.

Cheap = 6-8 dollars for a gallon, not 20 dollars for a bottle.

Yea, but 60-70 is expensive, 20 may be 'normal', but this thread was about cheap vodka, or at least I thought so, haha. Just put that shit through a brita filter and it tastes just as good, or better, then any expensive shit. Not that I ever take the time to do that, but if you really don't like it, that fixes it right up.

Yea, but 60-70 is expensive, 20 may be 'normal', but this thread was about cheap vodka, or at least I thought so, haha. Just put that shit through a brita filter and it tastes just as good, or better, then any expensive shit. Not that I ever take the time to do that, but if you really don't like it, that fixes it right up.

I've heard about that trick, but I also heard it doesn't work...
If you ask me: why go through the trouble of pouring Vodka into brita and all that shit, when you can just add $12 (to the already paid $8 vodka) and get Absolute?
All in all: when you want to get drunk: you'll get drunk on anything, so it doesn't really matter.

Didn't they prove on MythBusters that that does not, in fact, work?

Didn't they prove, in my living room 800 thousand million times, that that does, in fact, work? The fire extinguisher making beer cold trick works as well, even though it was 'proven wrong' on mythbusters.

Their test for the vodka filtering seemed well done to me, as I remember it.

Probobly was, doesn't change the fact I've done it/seen it done ten million times and it tasted better each time. Just do it instead of watching TV.

Farther investigation says that it just doesn't end up as top-shelf vodka through filtration, but it does make it taste much better. Which is obvious, because if you do it it is so blatantly obvious this argument shouldn't even be taking place. Not that it is an argument really, hah.