Best concert ever?

corpseripper

Feb 3, 2005
Mine(if I don't include ozzfest 04, which wins by default because of Slayer, Priest and Sabbath alone)would be Pantera in 2000. Awesome show. I was close enough to the stage to feel the heat from the flames shooting out of the giant steel logo.

i just went to suffocation and behemoth... good show... probably my favorite i have been too, but i haven't been to a strictly all metal show... its usually a mix....of hardcore/numetal/metal..

Agalloch blew me away when I saw them live, especially considering it was their third live show ever. Too bad the show was under an hour. Other then that King Crimson is always a great live show, seen them live three times and they never cease to intrigue me.

#1 Iron Maiden/QR/Halford, '00. Un. Fucking. Believable.

Others:
  • Amorphis supporting Tuonela, truly mesmerizing. '01 I believe
  • Judas Priest, Ozzfest '04
  • AC/DC, Ballbreaker tour, '96
  • High on Fire, '04
  • In Flames (opening for, and subsequently wiping the floor with, Iced Earth), '03
  • Rush, summer '04. By-Tor & the Snow Dog, Xanadu...come on!
  • Immortal, summer '03. Absolutely crushing, and their farewell tour

The best concert I've seen probably Skid Row (with Sebastian Bach of course). Unvealivable. They had very very strenght.

Iron Maiden opening for Judas Priest at the Palladium in NYC back in 1981 i think?

Maiden Killers Tour with di Anno and Burr
Priest- POE tour

AC/DC with Def Leppard opening at the Palladium in NYC

We had 1st row, Angus Young in our faces all night long.

Ac/DC- BIB tour 1980-81
Def Leppard- High and Dry tour

Maiden- Beast On The Road tour at the Palladium NYC Bruce's first tour with Maiden June 29, 1982

Along with several others.

Hmmm... my favorite ever would probably have to be day one of the BWBK 6 Pack Weekend last year. It was Grave Digger's first ever show in America and it was nothing short of amazing. The line up I saw that day was Lilitu, Shadowkeep, E-Force, Seven Witches, Doro, and Grave Digger. Katatonia headlined but I didn't stick around for them.

Other shows that come to mind...

Day 2 of BWBK 6 Pack Weekend II - Ion Vein, Brainstorm, Flotsam and Jetsam, Shok Paris, Dismember, Primal Fear, Metal Church (The Odeon in Cleveland, Ohio)

May 2003 Metal Gods Tour - Painmuseum, Carnal Forge, Amon Amarth, Primal Fear, Immortal, Testament, Halford (BB Kings in NYC)

November 2002 - Blind Guardian and Symphony X (The World in NYC)

December 2002 - HammerFall and Dio (Roseland Ballroom in NYC)

Summer of 2003 - Motorhead, Dio, and Iron Maiden (PNC Bank Art Center in Holmdel, NJ and Madison Square Garden in NYC)

October 2003 - Beyond The Embrace, Jag Panzer, and Helloween (BB Kings in NYC)

January 2004 - Arch Enemy and Iron Maiden (Roseland Ballroom in NYC)

April 2004 - Exodus (Cricket Club in Irvington, NJ)

April 2004 - Evergrey, Children of Bodom, Iced Earth (BB Kings in NYC)

July 2004 - Ozzfest - Dimmu Borgir, Slayer, Judas Priest, Black Sabbath (PNC Bank Art Center in Holmdel, NJ)

August 2004 - Nightwish (BB Kings in NYC)

September 2004 - Tad Morose and Edguy (BB Kings in NYC)

November 2004 - Exodus and Megadeth (Roseland Ballroom in NYC)

Minion520 said:
Opeth Winter of 04 when they played most of the music that had never been performed, including April Ethereal and the fuckin Moor!

I have seen both those songs live.
For me it would be MFTB 05', Psycroptic, Dungeon, Astriaal, Blooduster, Alarum, Gospel Of Horns, Fuck... Im Dead, Skintilla, 4 Dead,Parkway Drive, Sakkuth, Portal...
That was a fucking good day.

^Twas a fucking insane day indeed. I only saw Portal, Gospel of the Horns, Astriaal and Psycroptic but it was worth the trip and the insane amount of money it cost me to get there.

Pantera and Morbid Angel a few years back, Morbid, Deicide, Soilent Green, and fucking ZYKLON about 2 back, Opeth last year, Vehemence, Mortician, Vader, the November To Dismember fest about 5 or 6 years ago with Samhain, SOD, Morbid Angel again, In Flames when they were good, Dark Funeral, Crowbar, Flotsam and Jetsam, and about 100 other bands, that was probably the best ever.