IGN's Most Influential Metal Albums

I would say this is very influencial for the new generation nu-metal movement along with the first korn but not real metal music.

In a general metal sense morbid visions,schizophrenia and beneath the remains would have been much better choices. When I first got into metal these albums were bROOtal.

yea then I guess you can put pantera in the top 25 as well

vulgar displays and far beyond driven were both very influental to all the mallcore/nu-metal/pop metal morons out there with their downtuned guitars and their pretentious childish angst

Reactions: Treesinger
Actually, I'm a fucking genius, but don't let reality get in the way of your temper tantrums, jr.

your statement made no sense whatsoever

mastodon's guitarwork is a 100x more complex than slayer... not to mention their recent album was almost entirely prog/stoner/technical metal - Dailor's style is nothing even remotely close to lombardo

slayer's probably my 2nd favorite band but these 2 bands have very little in common

Reactions: Mr_Haze
Out of all of Sepultura they pick Roots. After being unable to sell my used copy I ended up throwing that cd out.
I'd love to have a copy of that album, simply so that I could ritually destroy it!

In fact, no joke, if I saw it for very cheap in a charity shop or something, I would probably buy it to carry out just such a ceremony, and at the same time spare some naive fucker from going down a very wrong road! :lol:

Besides the list in general I found the description of Opeth particularly disheartening:

When you think of death metal, you think of Sweden. When you think of Sweden's death metal scene, you must always start with Opeth.

:mad:

Besides the list in general I found the description of Opeth particularly disheartening:

When you think of death metal, you think of Sweden. When you think of Sweden's death metal scene, you must always start with Opeth.

:mad:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

opeth is barely metal... how the hell can they be called death metal??

I still don't see how anyone can listen to the first few Mastodon discs and not hear the Slayer worship. It really boggles the mind.

remission = prog thrash/sludge (quite brutal album)
leviathan = prog thrash/sludge (much stronger prog/technical influence)
blood mountain = prog/stoner/technical/thrash metal

the thrash influence I hear in them is more reminiscient of metallica than slayer but in any case, the thrash is a smaller influence than the prog influence in their last album and the sludge influence in their first album