Best Drummer of today?

You can crack and crap your ass as much as you want, but no matter how much Slipkont sucks, - Jordison is still a great drummer.

You can crack and crap your ass as much as you want, but no matter how much Slipkont sucks, - Jordison is still a great drummer.

I'm not very familiar with the band, but a friend of mine is an amazing drummer who plays jazz fusion, latin, samba, double bass, blasts, ect. ect. & he gives Joey Jordison props, so the guy must be pretty good.

Inferno sounds like he's playing a plastic drum set.

Joey Jordison from Slipknot is an excellent drummer. Vol 3: The Subliminal Verses has some insane drumming actually.

Jordison is a very good drummer, not very Technical, but fast as hell and still on point. Also I like Mike Portnoy a lot, and Derrek Roddy, saw him on drummers festival here in Hannover, amazing. he has to have dislocated feet or something.
Freddrik Andersson is a blast, too. very good guy.

to be a little out of metal, the one who kicks everyones ass still Charlie Antolini. he was on this Festival, too. this guy plays Blast beats for about 300 Jears now. and Ive never seen anyone playing stupid Paradiddels on 280 bpm, with a big smile and without getting any trouble. absolut killer this guy. and I recommend the link in my Sig, very good impro solo from a guy from Germany. have a look.

Okay I kind of just quickly skimmed through this thread, so excuse me if they've been said, but I can't believe no one has mentioned Hellhammer and/or Trym. Holy crap.

I don't think either is super impressive. They're both very fast, but I don't think they do anything a that a drummer with a decent amount of practice couldn't, and they don't play with much creativity or unique rhythmic ideas. Same with Horgh. I used to think these guys were awesome, but when I realized how close I could come to playing some of their parts I was less than impressed. I really don't think I'm all that good either.

I'd say Martin Lopez as well.. and Fredrik Andersson.
I thought no one was gonna mention Fredrik Andersson. He's a fucking beast! Not the most technical (I have no idea how fast he can play because he doesn't make a point of doing so), he just fits perfectly into every song.

Inferno sounds like he's playing a plastic drum set.
What the fuck are you talking about? The drum sound on Demigod and The Apostasy is one of the best I've ever heard.