Best DEATH METAL drummer

FailingAcension

Spiffy, eh?
Jul 31, 2002
Texas
okay, i have seen the best BLACK METAL drummer thread and i wanna see ppls openions on who the best death metal drummer is. i looked back a few weeks so i hope this wasent a thread i missed last week or something like that;)

My choices are:
Flo Mounier-Cryptopsy
Niles's new drummer who i won't name so i won't get it wrong agin and make a fool of myself, he is awsome-Nile

both are fast, accurate, and CREATIVE
they show lots of variation keeping my attention

This really has been done before...MANY TIMES.
But its always fun so who cares.

Flo Mounier-Cryptopsy
Alex Hernandez-Immolation
Max Moyses-Krisiun
Doc-Vader

Bah.There are loads more.
By the way,Dallas Toler Wade is the guitarist in Nile.
Depending on the album,you mean Derek Roddy or Tony Laureno.

:OMG: HOW COULD I MISS IT SO BAD!!!??? AND I CALL MY SELF A NILE FAN........:cry: excuse me while i go edit my post and beat my head with a hammer as punishment for my TERRIBLE lack of knowledge on my favorite death metal band

and the threads about death metal drummers have expired since i got here and ppls openions change so.......;)

@LordFireWorm

out of curiosity(and because i don't trust my "knowledge" anymore) didnt Derek Roddy only play drums on To Dream of Ur? I thought Pete Hammoura did most of the drumming on all previous Nile releases
:confused: normally i would be pretty sure......but you saw my first post

Pete Sandoval - Morbid Angel
Flo - Cryptopsy
Max Moyses - Krisiun
Whoever Origin's drummer is..
and of course..the mighty fucking Alex Hernandez from IMMOLATION!!!

my fav.

Tony Laureno(nile)
Henry Ranta(soilwork,terror 2000 and the defaced)
Pete Hammoura (nile)
Richard Christy(death)

i forgot dave culross. screw malevolent and hate plow and whatever, his work on suffocation despise the sun is all you need.

i've never been impressed by kyle severn..

and i've been impressed by tony l's past work, but his drumming overall on the new nile just doesn't impress me that much for some reason. esp on teh kick parts or whatever on the middle of unas, it sounds way off and out of time and just shitty...

and derek roddy played most of the drums on black seeds, pete only did a little bit. it should have been listed drums by derek roddy, additional drums by pete H, instead of the other way around.

Originally posted by The Wanderer
i forgot dave culross. screw malevolent and hate plow and whatever, his work on suffocation despise the sun is all you need.

His work with Malevolent is F'n awesome... Uh, you certainly ARE misguided, aren't you? :p