best Swedish death metal album

Life Sucks

and then you die
Dec 30, 2002
Die bitch die!!!!!
Visit site
Seeing the thread about the best Swedish black metal album, I thought I'd start one about the best Swedish death metal album, as Sweden has even more of a history in death metal than in black metal IMO. I think that Dismember's Like An Everflowing Stream is the best Swedish death metal album of all time.

Most of the Swedish death metal I've heard is of the melodic kind, which I rather dislike. If pushed, I'd gone for Dismember - Like An Everflowing Stream

Carcass - Heartwork? The only Swedish member was Michael Amott. Since he did write some of the songs I guess you can say that it is Swedish death metal in a way, but it's a stretch.

The best recent Swedish dm album is Spawn Of Possession - Cabinet, with Insision - Beneath The Folds Of Flesh at a close second. Yeah, most Swedish death metal is of the melodic variety, but there is some brutal stuff. I'm curious to see how many people will list an Opeth album. I personally don't consider Opeth death metal at all.

I have no fuckin clue.... I've just realised most of the Death Metal I listen to isn't from Scandinavia so its hardly surprising that I can't think of one album that stands out from the rest.

For quality Swedish Death Metal with that trademark Swedish sound, i'd have to go for 1 of Therion's first 2 albums(Beyond Sanctorum/Of Darkness) or one of Entombed's first 2 albums(Left Hand Path/Clandestine).

New:

Spawn of Possesion - Cabinet

Old:

Entombed - Clandestine