The Best of Swedish Death Metal

I'm one of the few who likes With Fear... for than The Red In The Sly Is Ours, but they're both amazing albums.

I generally like any swedish death metal album released in the early 90's and just can't get sick of it.

I feel these albums out of everything are the essential albums and as far as I know have heard every last release aslong as the band atleast had an e.p.

Entombed~left hand path,crawl e.p,clandestine,wolverine blues. Left Hand Path is the 'death metal song'.

Unleashed~where no life dwells,shadows in the deep,across the open sea. I'm one of the few people atleast here that is going to recomend ATOS because feel sometimes it might actually be their best album and songs like The General,In The Northern Lands,Captured,Execute Them All,The One Insane, and I am God are some highlights of the bands career. Execute Them All is actually the first Unleashed song I heard when watching an old faces of death movie. I use to rent these movies at a local video store until some kids dumb mother complained about the content of the movies and the video store decided to sell all the VHS versions, ofcourse 15,16 year olds are going to be curious. Unleashed actually went to germany to record instead of recording at Sunlight and as great as sunlight is the band made the right choice because old Unleashed are some of the most clear best sounding death metal albums with endless low-end and guitar sustaine.

Grave~into the grave,you'll never see

God Macabre~the winterlong.

Sorcery~bloodchilling tales. Sorcery actually formed around when Entombed did and this album is classic and as old school as you're going to get.

Dismember~like an everflowing stream. Indecent & Obscene is a good album also just this is dismember already primed and is like a female with a heart shaped ass which is the greatest thing ever.

Edge of Sanity ~unorthodox,the spectral sorrows. Dan Swanö and EoS do have die-hard fans and get credit and at the sametime these albums are still very underlooked in the death metal world. I suggest avoiding the bands first album Nothing But Death Remains.. which is not worth listening too. I'm not sure if it's because it actually sucks or if it's because the production being terrible and the album somehow slidding by mastering with volume drops.

At The Gates ~gardens of grief which is the best ATG album. The Red In The Sky is a very great album, but GoF is just some loud heavy intense twisted odd death metal like nothing else and is before the band started becoming melodic and shows the band when writing more dark and eerie old school death metal.

Necrophobic~the nocturnal silence. I do not need to say nothing about this album.

Carnage~dark recollections.

Left Hand Path is one of the greatest death metal songs of all time. However, the rest of the album can't even come close to comparing with the first song.

Left Hand Path is classic and lately have prefered Clandestine. I do like the vocals on Clandestine just think the album would have been better with L-G on vocals or atleast the vocalist on the Crawl e.p. Crawl should be reissued.

I find The Gallery to be superior, but then again I haven't given ATG enough of a chance. I ought to give Suicidal Final Art another spin now that I've gotten into more old school death metal.

I also find the Gallery superior. Although I just listened to tRitSio and I'm beginning to "get" it.

Everything involving Lindberg through With Fear I Kiss The Burning Darkness fucking rules hard.

Haven't heard Lock Up and Nightrage.
But frankly, I like his vocals most on Gardens of Grief and Slaughter of the Soul.