The Best of Swedish Death Metal

Oh right on with Verminous! Their releases on vinyl are a bitch to find...I think I secured a place though.

And just right for the Swedish death metal thread:God Macabre - The Winterlong and Bloodstone - Hour Of The Gate vinyls have been unleashed via Blood Harvest. Can't wait for them.

Entombed~left hand path,crawl e.p,clandestine,wolverine blues. Left Hand Path is the 'death metal song'.

Unleashed~where no life dwells,shadows in the deep,across the open sea. I'm one of the few people atleast here that is going to recomend ATOS because feel sometimes it might actually be their best album and songs like The General,In The Northern Lands,Captured,Execute Them All,The One Insane, and I am God are some highlights of the bands career.

Grave~into the grave,you'll never see

God Macabre~the winterlong.

Sorcery~bloodchilling tales.

Dismember~like an everflowing stream.

Edge of Sanity ~unorthodox,the spectral sorrows. Dan Swanö and EoS do have die-hard fans and get credit and at the sametime these albums are still very underlooked in the death metal world.

At The Gates ~gardens of grief which is the best ATG album. The Red In The Sky is a very great album, but GoF is just some loud heavy intense twisted odd death metal like nothing else and is before the band started becoming melodic and shows the band when writing more dark and eerie old school death metal.

Necrophobic~the nocturnal silence. I do not need to say nothing about this album.

Carnage~dark recollections.

Nominon - Recremation
Thats an album I strongly recomend, it makes you believe in the more recent bands.

Even though Nominon has existed for quite many years, but they didn't manage to put out an album in their first couple of years.

Entombed~left hand path,crawl Unleashed~where no life dwells,shadows in the deep,across the open sea. I'm one of the few people atleast here that is going to recomend ATOS because feel sometimes it might actually be their best album and songs like The General,In The Northern Lands,Captured,Execute Them All,The One Insane, and I am God are some highlights of the bands career.

I agree. That album (Across the open sea) fucking owns. (I've got it ...on BLACK cd with Death Certificate collectors limited edition. It costed me only 99 SEK! (7 dollars) WOHOO!!!)

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=94643
Swedish Death Metallers SÉANCE Are Back With 'Awakening Of The Gods' - Apr. 10, 2008

Are you ready for a death metal assault like no other? Are you hankering for that early '90s death metal sound that seems to have dropped off the radar? Search no further!

Native Swedish death metal act SEANCE is wired and ready to puncture eardrums like never before, with its new album "Awakening of the Gods". Completely recorded and mastered, this album is prepped and ready to flood the airwaves!

SEANCE's ball-busting internationally released premiere albums, "Fornever Laid to Rest" (1992, Black Mark Productions) and "Saltrubbed Eyes" (1993, Black Mark Productions) are a heavy dose of metal agression, packed with fury, ferocity, and fatal riffs! Several reviews hail "Saltrubbed Eyes" as one of, if not the most brutal death metal albums to date. But now, SEANCE is heavier than ever!

SEANCE members Rille Rimfält and Tony Kampner also play in WITCHERY (along with former SEANCE member Patrik Jensen, now with THE HAUNTED) and SEANCE drummer Mique Flesh also plays in FREEVIL.

Interested record labels should get in touch immediately to not miss out on this once-in-a-lifetime chance to release the best death metal album in years, SEANCE’s "Awakening of the Gods".

"Awakening of the Gods" track listing:

01. Wasted
02. They
03. Your Time Has Come
04. Invocation
05. Flight of the Wicked
06. Murder
07. Choose Your Eternity
08. Forever Haunted
09. Revel in Death
10. Prisoner 666
11. Burn Me

SEANCE 2008 is:

Rille Rimfält (WITCHERY) - Guitar
Johan Larsson - Vocals, Bass
Tony Kampner (WITCHERY) - Guitar
Mique Flesh (FREEVIL) - Drums

For more information and audio samples, click here.
Hell yeah! :headbang: :heh:

Anata are pretty cool, mostly 'cause there's no band who really sounds like them. They're like one big jamming session with the drummer showing some serious skills. I love the song "A Problem Yet To Be Solved".