Votes: 4 2.6%
  • Cryptic 1997

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Crimson II 2003

Votes: 30 19.4%
  • None!, EoS sucks.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Although every single album release form Unorthodox to Crimson 96 is superb and some of the best MUSIC I have ever heard, metal or not, I had to go with the Spectral Sorrows. Simply the best combination of brutal death metal and melody I have ever heard. Darkday, Lost, Across the Fields Of Forever, The Masque, absolutely amazing and timeless songs!

man, I'm only 1 out of 2 people who liked Infernal. Maybe I need to spend more time with Unorthodox and Crimson II

Infernal is good but something is off with it. On Evolution they remixed some of those songs and they sound really good now. And the Nightingale version of Losing Myself is so amazing...

Hell is where the heart is has the most amazing Swano solo, though. =)

1 (or 2): Crimson
2 (or 1): Crimson II
3: Purgatory Afterglow

Hard to choose... But Crimson was the earlier of the two, and no doubt the most revolutionizing, so that'll be number one. :)

I really need to give Unorthodox a shot after seeing this thread.

It would be nice to re-record or atleast remix Nothing But Death Remains and give it the production it so well deserves...I mean, due to the horrible sound 50% of the riffs are hidden in the dirt ;)
Some shit on there is fucking ace, but only we who wrote the songs know it ha, ha!!! 4 second long reverb on the snaredrum and a JCM800 without a pedal for the guitars....Boss didn´t really know what we needed. Maybe it worked for Bathory but not for us :)

Dan

Infernal is my favorite, its an absolute masterpiece.. close second would be both Crimson and Crimson II then Purgatory Afterglow...

Unorthodox is a pretty bad ass album as well and Enigma is one of my favorite EOS songs but the album as a whole doesn't touch some of the others IMO.

Nothing But Death Remains has been the hardest for me to get into as a whole. The album is pretty nice but my least favorite for sure..could be the production like Dan says, seems like there are some real killer riffs hiding but you have to look for them to hear it.. I think Dan needs to re-record that beast.

Unorthodox. Possibly because it was the first thing I heard from them following the Kur-Nu-Gia demo and I was completely blown away. Still one of my favorite albums of all time. I'm quite fond of everything except Cryptic and Infernal. Those are decent but definitely not on par.

Really tough question but "Purgatory Afterglow" is my favorite since it's the first EoS I ever heard, and I totally fell in love \m/ :D

I have listened just Crimson II so I choose it. It's probably the best album I've heard. If other EoS albums are as good as CII, I'm gonna get them all :D .

By the way, I ordered CII (and N.G.'s Closing Chronicles) today :p.

I'm not familiar with all the albums, but Crimson is my favourite at the moment. Crimson II is great too and I've heard some stuff from Purgatory Afterglow, which I should propably buy.

Crimson most definitly. It's the album that got me into melo death in the first place.