Best EPIC metal song

Originally posted by Saruman
Eh, what is wrong with Grendel? I don't have a whole lot of Marillion, but that's the best one I have. Actually, it's the live version, and the fans in the audience seemed to like it. I like it.

Weirdo. :p

lol, you got that last part right anyway. :) It's just that the song is *so* long and so far removed from what the band is like now that it's become a bit of a joke, it seems, amongst current M fans. Personally, I don't really care for it, but then again, I'm not a big fan of the Fish-era stuff.

Shaye, H-fangirl

Go with 'Following the Voice of Blood', 'Raise Your Sword', or 'Immortal Pride'.

Listen to some mp3's first, as Graveland isn't everyone's cup of tea.

When I was a stoned teenage brat I thought "Revelation Mother Earth" by Ozzy was some epic ass shit, 'specially when that piano section kicked in. I thought Icarus Dream Suite by Yngwie was pretty tits as well.

The most epic metal song for me would have to be The Ivory Gates Of Dreams by Fates Warning as it was the soundtrack to the first time I read a :worship: Dune book . You just can't get more epic than that!

I know I'll be adding to this thread frequently, so here's part 1:
(trilogies count, right?)
1. Something Wicked Trilogy by IE
2. Elizabeth Trilogy by Kamelot
and since I don't like Opeth nearly as much as, say...an Opeth FREAK!, I want to redeem myself by saying 3. Blackwater Park is a phenomenal song, all the way!

Blind Guardian's And then there was silence!!!! I hope they play it at ProgPower! I LOVE the part at the end where they just sing, "Nah, nah, nah, nah, nah, nah, nah, nah... nah-n-n-n-nah, n-n-n-nah, nah, nah!" Phew! I always sing along.

Originally posted by LadyLovelyLocks
Blind Guardian's And then there was silence!!!! I hope they play it at ProgPower! I LOVE the part at the end where they just sing, "Nah, nah, nah, nah, nah, nah, nah, nah... nah-n-n-n-nah, n-n-n-nah, nah, nah!" Phew! I always sing along.

Yeah, I love that part! "...You better be prepared NAH NAH NAH NAH!" I always sing along too.