Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mettel Intellivision

• 3D-0

• Other

Votes: 1 2.9%

• Total voters
Atari 2600 for bringing a cartridge based gaming system to the market. I got one when it came out, and it was the best thing ever.

Best system that never went anywhere... Jaguar (was friggin awesome portable and color, but didn't have any success) or 3D-O which played actual Arcade ROMs, but was too expensive to catch on.

the Jaguar was pretty damn cool, but it didn't really have a market.

so....

SNESSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Super Mario Kart, Super Metroid, Killer Instinct, The Chaos Engine, Turtles in Time, Super Mario World...argghhh!

Since you're all saying based on a game, for me the N64 takes it for the game of my life: The Legend of Zelda: The Ocarina of Time.

That game came at the right fucking time in my life! It was Christmas 1998 and I was 17 years old. I sold my copy of Turok in order to buy Zelda (I miss Turok at times but no harm done :) ) and it was the best game I ever played, still to date. I don't think I'll ever top it with any other game, even if there are better ones. It's the sentimental value. Even when I play today, I STILL get lost exploring the beautiful and unequalled world. And the cinema sequences, the songs, the epic story. Fantastic.

The Master said:
But the games on the sucker fucking rule, and the graphics were the best 2D graphics of its time, and only the newest consoles beat it in that regard.
I concur. Samurai Shodown IV is the best 2D fighter ever, and Baseball Stars 2 is the best baseball game ever. Then of course you have the Metal Slug games, which are awesome.

My vote goes to SNES though, since it's easily the console I've had the most fun with.

Super Nintendo, I grew up on a Genesis (though subsequently bought an SNES anyway) and I have to admit SNES had it up on the Genesis with better graphics and my personal favorite game of all time Final Fantasy III (VI).

Was a tough decision though, Genesis had the Phantasy Star series, Lunar series, and the Shining Force series, however theres no excuse for releasing games like Zoom where your job is too run around a floating grid and make boxes the whole time shooting rubber bubbles at space turtles.