Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Hetoimasia

• Si Monvmentvm...

• Odium Nostrom

• Total voters
maybe "the shortest one", but probably "the last song" seeing how it ends the album, finally.

:p

EDIT: turns out the last song is the shortest one, so i shall choose that one

Haha, I tell you, had they released this across two different EPs or something, you'd be all over it like a cheap suit. :loco:

"Odium Nostrom" through to the last track would have been the greatest EP evar.

I do agree though that the mid-point really slows down. "Hetromaisa" and the title track do tend to plod if you're not in the mood for something epikkk.

The other morning, I was listening to "Carnal Malefactor" with that brilliant opening which then empties itself out to those gregorian monk choirs....I was actually quite moved, it's a really sombre piece IMO.....and later it explodes into riff frenzy and you recover from that brief moment of being gay (but not lying).

[/gaybutnotlying]

Vocals + riff on the intro of Carnal Malefactor = :loco: . Obvious best, and I'm not that crazy about the gregorian part.

My other favs : Blessed are the dead... , Hetoimasia, Sola Fide and well the rest :loco:

Liar! :D

Before I knew the album well enough, that part in Carnal Malefactor after the chant where they tear the heavens down would ALWAYS scare the hell out of me. You get so involved with the movement of the harmonies during the chant that when the blackness comes back in it is almost like a cheap scare in a horror movie, where a cat jumps out of a closet to a string hit.

YES! This always gets me. Same with the first scream on the track Death-Pierce me off of the Silencer album.

As hard as it was, I voted for Jubilate Deo. It's fast-paced and epically melodic, the last couple of minutes gets supremely mellow and evil right before fading out into Carnal Malefactor, and the constant blasts make me want to air-drum. Aside from those two tracks, Drink the Devil's Blood should be a black metal anthem.

Agreed, I couldn't have said it better. Had you asked me a year ago I would have said Carnal Malefactor, but over time I've come to appreciate Jubilate a tiny bit more. It's a song where the persons behind this band really show that there's none out there who can write a better BM song; it's solid all the way through and has a flow which you only find in masterfully written music.

That said, this albums contains no bad songs. The least good song would be the pinnacle of most other contemporary BM records.

First Prayer because it reminds me that "oh fuck, I'm totally gonna spend the next hour in weirdsnatch oldpicture jubilation."