Most evil albums ever

WCannibal

Mar 29, 2009
Oklahoma
Couldn't find a thread, so here we go. Now I want you to name albums that are EVIL. Not brutal, not fast, but evil. Albums so dark and morbid that they give you goosebumps and put sick twisted thoughts into your head.
Anyways, here's my list (not necessarily in order):

Deathspell Omega - Si Monvmentvm Reqvires, Circvmspice
Blut aus Nord - The Work Which Transforms God
Dead Congregation - Graves of the Archangels
Immolation - Close to a World Below
Incantation - Mortal Throne of Nazarene
Impetuous Ritual - Relentless Execution of Ceremonial Excrescence
Portal - Outre
Krzysztof Penderecki - Matrix 5 (not metal, but still some sinister shit)

Embrace of Thorns - Atonement Ritual
Antaeus - Blood Libels
Beherit - Drawing Down the Moon
Profanatica - Profanatitas De Domonatia

Probably many more...

Onward To Golgotha is like churning in the fiery muck of the dankest pits of hell. Not so much occult evil as just abysmally hellish.

This may not count, but I find that Dominus Sathanas off Burzum's Aske EP is one of the most spine-chilling Black Metal songs I've ever heard. Varg's scream at 0:32, along with the murmuring/chants just afterwards sound totally unholy, especially considering the events around the release.

Deathspell Omega - Si Monvmentvm Reqvires, Circvmspice

Yes, most definitely.

Immolation - Close to a World Below

Haven't listened to the other albums, but I will second on both of these. Immolation is one of the few bands that actually offends me with their "evilness", which you can hear in the music even if it was instrumental.

(@ Cyth, Immolation was who I couldn't think of)

Beherit - Drawing Down The Moon
Necros Christos - Triune Impurity Rites
Miasma - Changes
Incantation - Mortal Throne of Nazarene
Morbid Angel - Altars of Madness
Deathspell Omega - Si Monvmentvm Reqvires, Circvmspice and Fas - Ite, Maledicti, In Ignem Aeternum
etc. etc.

Off the top of my head

A lot of great evil stuff has been mentioned. This one also comes to mind:

7627.jpg

Necrophobic - The Nocturnal Silence

Other than Dead Congregation, Immolation, and Incantation, which of the bands that have been mentioned here are pure death metal (as opposed to blackened death or black metal)?

Other than Dead Congregation, Immolation, and Incantation, which of the bands that have been mentioned here are pure death metal (as opposed to blackened death or black metal)?

The first two Deicide albums definitely deserve a spot among them.

I second a lot of stuff in this thread and submit Don't Break the Oath and Inquisition's Magnificent Glorification of Lucifer for the Hell of it.

Edit: Blood Libels was mentioned but Cut Your Flesh and Worship Satan is a thousand times more potent. If it isn't evil enough it's still one of the most violent and relentless recordings ever.

27188.jpg

Anything done by the LLN is pretty fucking wierd and dark.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=phlvuuefYFI&feature=related[/ame]

Last edited by a moderator: