Recommend some BM similar to Deathspell Omega and Sear Bliss?

V.V.V.V.V.

Houses Ov Mercury
Jan 20, 2004
Dracut, MA
I know there are probably plenty, but with the sheer number of BM bands in the world, I'd have a pretty hard time looking.

I just downloaded Si Monvmentvm Reqvires Circvmspice last night by Deathspell and it blew me away. I had heard them before and was turned off by the rawness, but this album really blows away what I thought about them.

Sear Bliss were recommended to me the other day and are damn good, also.

Worm-Infested Intestinal Tract said:
I know there are probably plenty, but with the sheer number of BM bands in the world, I'd have a pretty hard time looking.

I just downloaded Si Monvmentvm Reqvires Circvmspice last night by Deathspell and it blew me away. I had heard them before and was turned off by the rawness, but this album really blows away what I thought about them.

Sear Bliss were recommended to me the other day and are damn good, also.

I only know Sear Bliss but I really think it's an awesome band!
I think it's very hard to recommend anything similar to Sear Bliss, since I think they have an extremely unique sound. A perfect mixture of black, doom and pagan metal with some folk influences.
But some bands in the pagan genre that may appeal could be:

- Menhir from Germany. Pagan metal with lots of folk influences! Very good! Thuringia is easily their best effort but also the debut "Die Ewigen Steine" and the latest "Ziuwari" are highly enjoyable! The EP "Buchonia" is only folk music but damn I like it a lot!

-Skyforger from Latvia. Truly amazing band! Epic pagan battle metal! All three albums "Kauja Pie Saules", "Latvian Riflemen" and "Thunderforge" are definately worth getting!

-Lux Occulta from Poland. Technical progressive and avantgardistic black/pagan metal. Breathtaking!

edit: if you haven't already bought everything from Sear Bliss start of with their first two albums "Phantoms" and "The Haunting". After these albums Sear Bliss started experimenting with some avantgarde influences on the "Souldive"-EP and the following "Grand Destiny". These changes didn't suit the special atmosphere in my opininon, and on the newest album "Forsaken Symphony" Sear Bliss is more or less back on track. A new album "Glory and Perdition" is on the way and I can't wait for it to be released.

Goffdahl said:
- Menhir from Germany. Pagan metal with lots of folk influences! Very good! Thuringia is easily their best effort but also the debut "Die Ewigen Steine" and the latest "Ziuwari" are highly enjoyable! The EP "Buchonia" is only folk music but damn I like it a lot!

-Skyforger from Latvia. Truly amazing band! Epic pagan battle metal! All three albums "Kauja Pie Saules", "Latvian Riflemen" and "Thunderforge" are definately worth getting!

-Lux Occulta from Poland. Technical progressive and avantgardistic black/pagan metal. Breathtaking!

Good reccomendations bro. Especially Lux Occulta.:headbang: