Mayhem - De Mysteriis Dom Sathanas
Mercyful Fate - Melissa
Master's Hammer - Ritual
Hellhammer - Satanic Rites
Summoning - Minas Morgul
Beherit - Drawing Down the Moon
Graveland - Thousand Swords

this bro also knows whats up

however y'all should realize blood fire death whups under the sign any day of the week

Was Celtic Frost ever really black metal?

i was this close to putting a specific disclaimer below my list saying i don't consider most cf black metal (anymore)

even if they were at one point black metal my fav cf album is INTO THE PANDEMONIUM and that certainly isn't

hellhammer was, though

yeah bro it was i who posted about it on this here forum

i haven't bought it yet so i've only heard like two songs on youtube

MAYHEM - De Mysteriis Dom Sathanas
ULVER - Bergtatt
IN THE WOODS... - HEart Of The Ages
SATYRICON - Dark Medieval Times
WEAKLING - Dead As Dreams
EMPEROR - Anthems To The Welkin At Dusk
FLEURETY - Min Tid Skal Komme
DARKTHRONE - A Blaze In The Northern Sky

I stand by this.

I stand by this...

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k5KilSHCDUo&feature=related[/ame]

Am I the only one?

i mean... that riff that comes in after the piano part is truly soul opening

It sounds more Celtic than "soul opening" to me.

edit: nevermind, i got to the piano part you speak of. Yeah, I'm not a fan of that riff at all. I prefer the Kilt Lifter riff. :tickled: Even then, it's not very interesting to me.

different strokes. stormblast is a very sentimental album for me. i remember when i was like 15, i decided that i wanted to buy it and went to a book/music store that usually had some pretty obscure stuff. i looked, and all they had were the lame newer (at the time) albums. dejected, i walked away and had this sudden urge to look on the shelf next to me, which was way far away from the metal cds. it was a jazz section, and i picked up a random CD and magically behind it was a single copy of stormblast. true story

I might have to look at my album collection later and see if it's even possible for me to make a top 10 list for this genre these days. But the first two albums that came to mind were Dark Tribe - In Jeraspunta and Immortal - At The Heart of Winter. Which I see are on nobody else's list.

i hope so

well it's strange because you're not the only one to think it's a genial album but i just think it's a bunch of annoying noise, i don't know if i'm missing something but it's so fucking annoying to listen to

i don't even know if i've ever made it through a whole song, it makes me angry and i turn it off almost right away