3 master's hammer - ritual
4 immortal - pure
5 darkthrone - trans
6 bathory - sign
7 burzum - filosofem
8 darkthrone - blaze
9 dissection - storm
10 enslaved - veldi

forget beherit, where the fuck is under a funeral moon?

1. Burzum - Hvis Lyset Tar Oss
2. Immortal - Pure Holocaust
3. Darkthrone - Transilvanian Hunger
4. Bathory - Under the Sign of the Black Mark
5. Darkthrone - A Blaze in the Northern Sky
6. Burzum - Filosofem
7. Master's Hammer - Ritual
8. Enslaved - Vikingligr Veldi
9. Dissection - Storm of the Lignt's Bane
10. Sacramentum - Far Away from the Sun

Happy Emperor did not make the list.

Ive heard smrc and kenose. Didnt do shit for me. Neither did BAN. Perhaps that pseudo intellectual experimental stuff just aint for me.

Now the pre dso band Hirilorn...that album is fantastic. They shouldve kept going with that band.

The fuck is 'pseudo intellectual' about Blut Aus Nord?

The fuck is even experimental about half of it? Or early DsO for that matter?

Fucking nothing. Stop talking shit.

I love everything DsO has done, but this opinion is wrong. Manifestations material is the best they've ever done.

"...this opinion is wrong."? Give me a break. The vision and scope of Fas and Paracletus is far greater to their earlier works. Perhaps that vision doesn't appeal to you, but that doesn't change that they manifested a very ambitious concept with a level of cohesion that is hard to find in metal or (non-classical) music in general. I mean, the number of metal albums that are that fluid conceptually, musically and aesthetically can probably be counted on one hand.

What kind of black metal do you like again? Your tastes must be much different from mine. Love Deathspell Omega.
Burzum
Darkthrone
Satyricon
Immortal
Sargeist
Drudkh
Arckanum
Enslaved

I don't have much black metal in my collection but I listened to Kenose and SMRC and didn't like either

i maintain that SMRC is often really intense passionate evocative music, but needed like 20 minutes chopping off to warrant classic status.

Agreed. SMRC is far too long.

Later DsO does appeal to me a lot, but I find more passion and energy in the Manifestations material than in Fas or Paracletus.

It was in jest to call any opinion wrong, but in this argument I am appealing to my own personal aesthetic preferences and can see crystally clear why the progressive elements of their later work can be more appealing than their earlier stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.