Your BM top 10 evar

It's a great often overlooked record, it has a rightful place in a top 10, though not mine :)
I also love their shoegaze offshot Joyless, the latest album Without Support is great

damn... how could I forget

220px-Stormbl%C3%A5st.jpg

A Symphonic/Black Metal masterpiece. I imagine that most of you haven't heard this album in a long time. Listen to

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tlbj2gSXuU4&feature=related[/ame]

and try to tell me that it isn't excellent.

ok fine

Bathory - Under the Sign of the Black Mark
Burzum - Det Som Engang Var
Mayhem - De Mysteriis Dom Sathanas
Ulver - Bergtatt
Darkthrone - A Blaze in the Northern Sky
Inquisition - Invoking the Majestik Throne of Satan
Sacramentum - Far Away From the Sun
Hades - ...Again Shall Be
Emperor - In the Nightside Eclipse
Urfaust - Geist ist Teufel
Hirilorn - Legends of Evil and Eternal Death

Ok, I was kinda reaching for some of these, its been a long time since I heard a lot of them, longer still since I listened to any of them regularly, and I'm sure I'm leaving out half of my old favourites that I simply never bought or have lost track of in digital form.

i also think that is a fairly valid list. i've known for some time that i need to listen to hirilorn and inquisition and this affirms that

as long as i don't have to yell at people for not including burzum/bathory/mayhem, it's all good

I was thinking you'd have more detail.
fw/joyless is totally unique in mood and atmosphere, and also, on a more primal level, all the riffs are so fucking good

I don't like BM never touch the stuff

Blood Red Fog / Cosmic Church split is rad btw

Jonathan you are the worst human being alive.

For what its worth, this thread inspired me to put a bunch of black metal back onto my ipod. Highlights: Forgotten Woods - The Curse of Mankind, Ulver - Vargnatt, Ildjarn - Forest Poetry (not featured on any lists here but I remember liking it once), Darkthrone - Transylvanian Hunger (for some reason I mostly listened to the first 3 albums).

Soon I'll be downloaded some Nehemah, Helheim, Samael etc as well

Nehemah rules, I agree with whatever patriot of life said there isn't enough mention of them

nehemah has some A+ hit songs such as TAKEN AWAY BY THE TORN BLACKSHROUD, BLACK WINDS OVER THE WALLS OF CSEJTHE, I WILL SLEEP WITH THE DRAGON, etc but i don't think any of the albums are solid enough for a top10 ever

Bathory - Under the Sign of the Black Mark
Burzum - Hvis lyset tar oss
Darkthrone - Transilvanian Hunger
Mayhem - De Mysteriis Dom Sathanas
Mercyful Fate - Melissa
Master's Hammer - Ritual
Hellhammer - Satanic Rites
Summoning - Minas Morgul
Beherit - Drawing Down the Moon
Graveland - Thousand Swords

i've known for some time that i need to listen to hirilorn and inquisition and this affirms that
this right here

also: the best shit is the Classics(r) obviously and most of those have been covered. Maybe this page is missing a bit of celtic frost?
Under a Funeral Moon is probably the best Darkthrone album, and Nattens Madrigal is the best Ulver album.

I also listened to Over Bjoergvin Graater Himmerik just the other day and that made me realize that I should ignore all Taake after it (except maybe for hordalands doedskvad) and just let the old shit rock because the old shit rocks and is about maanens ansikt og graabein and the new shit is all about dritt og pupper