List your top 10 albums of all time thread (again)

Metal Only.....No Order

Anthrax - Spreading The Disease
Metallica - Master Of Puppets
Killswitch Engage - Alive Or Just Breathing
Pantera - Cowboys From Hell
Ozzy Osbourne - Blizzard Of Ozz
Slayer - Seasons In The Abyss
Megadeth - Peace Sells... But Who's Buying
Testament - The New Order
Machine Head - Through The Ashes Of Empires
Iron Maiden - The Number Of The Beast

in no order -

1 Metallica - Master of Puppets
2 Megadeth - Peace Sells
3 Acid Bath - When The Kite String Pops
4 Black Sabbath - We Sold Our Soul for Rock N Roll
5 Nevermore - DHIADW
6 Emperor - Anthems to the Welkin at Dusk
7 Dream Theater - Metrpolis Pt 2
8 In Flames - Lunar Strain/Subterranean
9 Bloodbath - Breeding Death EP
10 Hypocrisy - The Arrival

Those are my current favorites, but my important milestones also include:
Opeth - Blackwater Park
Carcass - Heartwork
Death - Symbolic
Morbid Angel - Covenant
Iced Earth - Something Wicked
Anthrax - Attack of the Killer B's
Alice In Chains - Self Titled
Obituary - Back From The Dead
Testament - Souls of Black
Slayer - Decade of Aggression
Pantera - Vulgar Display of Power

Nevermore "Dreaming Neon Black"
Death "Symbolic"
Anathema "Judgement"
Judas Priest "Painkiller"
Nevermore "The Politics of Ecstacy"
The Crown "Deathrace King"
Slayer "Reign In Blood"
Katatonia "Last Fair Deal Gone Down"
Dismember "Like An Everflowing Stream"
Metallica "...And Justice For All"

Nevermore - Dead Heart In A Dead World
Alice In Chains - Dirt
Faith No More - Angeldust
Rush - Moving Pictures
Megadeth - Countdown To Extinction (rust in peace nearly made it)
Stevie Ray Vaughan - The Real Deal: Greatest Hits 2
Anthrax - We've Come For You All
Shadows Fall - The Art Of Balance
Jon Oliva's Pain - Tage Mahal
Dark Tranquillity - Damage Done

my list isnt tr00 :(

GroundXero3k said:
that sounds like a punk band. explain pweeeaseeeeee

It's actually more of a hardcore/noisecore but it fucking rules. Double CD album. Not just that aforementioned description but also has interludes with strings, piano and accoustic guitar, but don't get me wrong: It is one of the most difficult albums to listen to that I know. If you don't have your full attention you probably wouldn't be able to get it at all. It took me months to be able to listen to the whole thing in a single sitting. My description is kind of bad I suppose, but many people often compare [guitarist] Steve Austin's playing to that of the schitzophrenic levels which can be found in King Crimson.

if you're interested the band's site is www.todayistheday.org but I have to reiterate, it's not really an album for the faint of heart. It's absolutely crushing on all levels. Not just mentally and emotionally, but the music itself is extremely abrasive and not in the death metal blastbeats sort of way.

yeh, today is the day is like, the mostest abrasive evar. the music i can take, its the vocals that fuckin drive me over the edge. those 'clean' vocals that have all sorts of effects on them just hurt my fucking ears....as for the actual topic...

this is way too hard. i just recently got into a whole new genre (black metal) that throws any previous lists i may have made right out the fuckin window, as its hard to weigh an album ive been listening to for years thats kinda slowly loosing a bit of its magic from hearing it 8348348 times against an album ive only had for a few months, but is absolutely brilliant. not even to mention KMFDM which almost stands up to the whole of metal on its own and could possibly have like 5 albums on there or something which would just be ridiculous. so, pretty much, right now is far too musically turbulent for me to be making any 'favorites of all time' type of lists. the only way i could really do it would be by (general) genre, which i wont bore you with, and am too lazy to do anyway.

as its hard to weigh an album ive been listening to for years thats kinda slowly loosing a bit of its magic from hearing it 8348348 times against an album ive only had for a few months, but is absolutely brilliant. not even to mention KMFDM which almost stands up to the whole of metal on its own and could possibly have like 5 albums on there or something which would just be ridiculous. so, pretty much, right now is far too musically turbulent for me to be making any 'favorites of all time' type of lists. the only way i could really do it would be by (general) genre, which i wont bore you with, and am too lazy to do anyway.[/QUOTE]

KMFDM fucking rules. Symbols is an awesome album and Godlike Doglike is one of my favorite songs. I actually heard it in a club down here one night and about shit myself, but I dont dance so i went and got another jack and coke. :D Its was my fourth and I was feeling it.

The most underrated death metal album has to be ANATA's INFERNAL DEPTHS of HATRED, Ive been listening to this album all day. I think it would probably make my top ten if I had to re do it. Im not sure which album would get bumped to 11th but I know this album is just to good to let pass by.

1. Nevermore - Dreaming Neon Black
2. Type O Negative - October Rust
3. Pantera - Vulgar Display Of Power
4. Sepultura - Arise
5. Iced Earth - Burnt Offerings
6. Symphony X - V: The New Mythology Suite
7. Megadeth - Rust In Peace
8. Judas Priest - Painkiller
9. In Flames - The Jester Race
10. Testament - The Gathering

This is hard to figure out, but I'll try:

1.NEVERMORE/POLITICS OF ECSTASY, DREAMING NEON BLACK & ENEMIES OF REALITY (TIE)
2.SHADOWS FALL/THE WAR WITHIN
3.DEATH/SOUND OF PERSERVERENCE
4.METALLICA/MASTER OF PUPPETS
5.MEGADETH/SO FAR, SO GOOD, SO WHAT
6.SLAYER/REIGN IN BLOOD
7.QUEENSRYCHE/OPERATION MINDCRIME
8.TESTAMENT/PRACTICE WHAT YOU PREACH
9.ANTHRAX/AMONG THE LIVING
10.SKID ROW/SLAVE TO THE GRIND

*old school mentions: KISS/ALIVE & ALIVE II, VAN HALEN/FAIR WARNING, MOTLEY CRUE/TOO FAST FOR LOVE & SHOUT AT THE DEVIL

Originally Posted by ZANEX

I figured I would get flack for this, but it is a great album. I just saw the "Dimebag" tribute show on FUSE and DAMAGEPLAN, SHADOWS FALL, THE HAUNTED, & Charlie from Anthrax kind of did drunken "SKID ROW karoake". I'm glad others like it.

Poison God Machine said:
2. Type O Negative - October Rust
3. Pantera - Vulgar Display Of Power
7. Megadeth - Rust In Peace
10. Testament - The Gathering
I enjoy these albums also. Almost made my list, but I tried to pick just one from each artist.

Other honorable mentions include:
RUSH/2112
PINK FLOYD/THE WALL
IRON MAIDEN/NUMBER OF THE BEAST
SEPULTURA/BENEATH THE REMAINS
BLACK SABBATH/WE SOLD OUR SOUL FOR ROCK N' ROLL

ZANEX said:
Originally Posted by ZANEX

I figured I would get flack for this, but it is a great album. I just saw the "Dimebag" tribute show on FUSE and DAMAGEPLAN, SHADOWS FALL, THE HAUNTED, & Charlie from Anthrax kind of did drunken "SKID ROW karoake". I'm glad others like it.

Skid row fuckin kick ed ass. With Bach of course.

1. Megadeth - Rust in Peace
2. Bruce Dickinson - The Chemical Wedding
3. Nevermore - Dreaming Neon Black
4. Metallica - Ride the Lightning
5. Slayer - South of Heaven
6. At the Gates - Slaughter of the Soul
7. Iron Maiden - Powerslave
8. Carcass - Heartwork
9. Pantera - Vulgar Display of Power
10. Sepultura - Chaos AD

Others that should be mentioned: Paradise Lost - Draconian Times and/or Icon, Machine Head - Burn my Eyes, Type O Negative - October Rust, CoC - Wiseblood, Cradle of Filth - Cruelty and the Beast, Tool - Undertow, Lamb of God - Ashes in the Wake, In Flames - Whoracle, Grip Inc. - Nemesis, Emperor - IX Equilibrium and if I were to add any releases from bands previously mentioned herein, I would go for Megadeth - Peace Sells and/or Youthanasia, Slayer - Reign in Blood, Nevermore - DHIADW, Politics and/or In Memory and Death - Individual Thought Patterns.

Now go buy this stuff if you don't already own it!

L8rs,
DavE

Jesus Christ....how could I possibly....*takes a deep breath*

1. Pain of Salvation-Be
2. The Beatles-Abbey Road
3. Jeff Buckley-Grace
4. Pink Floyd-Dark Side of the Moon
5. Mr. Bungle-Mr. Bungle
6. John Zorn-Naked City
7. Orphaned Land-Mabool
8. Opeth-Damnation
9. Bela Fleck and the Flecktones-Flight of the Cosmic Hippo
10. Agalloch-The Mantle

Hmm...no...sorry, but that list just isn't really accurate. I can't do this.