Best SNES Games

The Master

Racist Melon Farmer
Feb 24, 2003
This Island Earth
www.paulnetwork.com
So now that we determined that the SNES is the greatest game system ever, how about the best games for it?

Here, ladies and gentlemen, are the top ten SNES games:

10. Earthbound
- Just a totally unique and refreshing take on the RPG genre.

9. Starfox
- For its day, the graphics were awesome, and the game is still pretty fun. Have you visited all the planets, and fought the slot machine?

8. Megaman X
- X3 is the greatest of the SNES series, but you have to give the original its props. Totally awesome.

7. Jurassic Park
- Wow. The best licensed game on the system. Part overhead, part FPS, totally fun.

6. F-Zero
- The second best racing game on the platform. The only minor downside is no multiplayer. Its all about the speed.

5. Super Mario Kart
- The beginning of a legacy. The funnest racing game on the system, and one of the most innovative racers ever.

4. The Legend Of Zelda: A Link To The Past
- The Zelda series was good before this, but legendary after.

3. Final Fantasy VI (III)
- One of the best 2D RPGs of all time, easily the best of the FF series, almost better than most modern RPGs and FF games.

2. Super Mario RPG
- An awesome RPG game, the best for SNES, and one of the best of all time.

And the number one SNES game is:
Super Metroid. Yep. The king. Undisputed heavyweight champion of the world. I don't even think anything needs to be said. Simply the funnest and best action platform game ever made.

Secret of Mana
Final Fantasy II (IV)
Final Fantasy III (VI)
Chrono Trigger
Demon's Crest (so freakin' incredible, much of my youth was spent playing this)
Mortal Kombat II
Super Metroid
Actraiser
Zelda III
Super Mario Kart
Donkey Kong Country (original only, the sequels were too derivative)

Hmm, I'm sure I'm missing plenty of great ones, but these are what I remember.

- Final Fantasy III (VI): Still one of my top 5 favorite games of all time. Argueably the best 16bit era RPG ever. It had a hugely epic story, an amazing amount of character (each one of which had a complete backround story and had an identity), easter eggs abound and a huge world to explore. Loved every minute of this game and have played through it several times.

- Earthbound: Quirky as hell but addicting and had a great script as well as vareity in location. Loved this game when it seemed like a lot of people didnt.

- Super Mario RPG: Suprisingly one of the SNES's best games. Marios transfer to the RPG realm had a great script and a great adventure. Nice graphics as well.

- Chrono Trigger: One of the best RPG's ever. Had beautiful graphics for its time (some of the hand drawn art still holds up today, think the bridge view looking over the ocean). Multiple endings, great characters, amazing and enticing story, it doesnt get much better.

- The Legenda of Zelda: Link to the Past: Definitly a classic, the shear amount of things to do and find in this game is amazing and incredibly addicting. In my opininon, the best Zelda game to date.

- Illusion of Gaia: It's no Zelda, but it was a great action RPG with an interesting story and great characters. Excellent anime graphcis as well.

- Secret of Mana: A huge game and another excellent Square RPG. The multiplayer aspect provided hours of fun for my friends and I. The weapon system was also a great way to keep the game fresh and gave incentive to battle every friggen monster around.

I mainly loved the SNES for its RPGs as my list would indicate, but I loved games like Donkey Kong Country (the first one only) and Act Raiser as well as Super Mario world in all its forms. I've just always been a big console RPG fan.

And the number one SNES game is:
Super Metroid. Yep. The king. Undisputed heavyweight champion of the world. I don't even think anything needs to be said. Simply the funnest and best action platform game ever made.
DING! DING! end of discussion right here. :hotjump:

also Earthworm Jim, DKC2, Kirby Super Star, both Super Mario World games, are all excellent.

Street Fighter II was great when it came out on SNES, I remember all the lines at the arcades back when it first came out. Good stuff.