The Doom 3 and other games thread

NicodemiX said:
Generally, all Lucasarts Adventure games rocked.

OOOH OOOH!! ]

FULL THROTTLE!!!!

i missed that one for some reason :|
and it's not likely i'll pick it up now since it's such a hassle to get them old games running properly, unless you have an old win95 computer standing somewhere that is

thanks a lot, that dosbox program (though i can't download it atm) seems to just the thing i'm after.
hm... is the scummvm some sort of open-source-edit-the-old-games-yourself-thingie?

jimbobhickville said:
It won't. Only the X-box has the graphics power to run it. Whether they will make an X-box version is unknown, at least to me, but Carmack said it was a possibility, where Gamecube and PS-2 were not.
The Xbox version is almost finished and was shown at E3. There are video trailers from it online.

jimbobhickville said:
It won't. Only the X-box has the graphics power to run it. Whether they will make an X-box version is unknown, at least to me, but Carmack said it was a possibility, where Gamecube and PS-2 were not.
Poo! Oh well, I'll have to stick to Final Doom then :p (which I am crap at...)

Erik said:
Nononono. ScummVM is an interpreter of sorts that runs all games based on the ScummVM engine (with varying degrees of support, check the page for info) in a "virtual machine" which means you don't need DOS to run Monkey Island, Simon the Sorcerer, Full Throttle, Day of the Tentacle, Sam & Max and all the other greats. It's great, try it

ah sounds great, thanks once more then. i think i'll try making it work some other day though, since there's actually some sunshine today :eek:

Old_School_Zelda_t-shirt.jpg

This kind of shit makes me sick. I'd probably wear a shirt with Link on it and all, but the HARDCORE GANGSTA MUTHAFUCKA shit is weak. Maybe I'm just bitter because gangbangin' beaners ruined a perfectly good font for me many years ago. :tickled:

Yay for people who grew up with GayStations and wouldn't know a good fucking game if it hit them square in the fucking face wearing shit shirts like that.

So is there a demo somewhere for Doom 3? I don't feel like buying it before I play it a bit. I checked doom3.com and idsoftware.com, no dice.

This looks like it could be the coolest game ever. If they let me be a Stormtrooper and kill some Rebel Alliance hippies then I already know I'll love this game.

You even get to drive speeder bikes, sweetness. And you get an action figure if you pre-order. I used to collect those things, they rule. :tickled: