The BEST Video Games Ever?

Metalli Angel

Cellist/Vocals of KunikoS
Jun 16, 2008
Kennesaw, GA
www.myspace.com
I didn't see the counterpart to the "worst video games thread" so I'm making this because I want to talk about the games that we all really love!

So tell me what game you think should earn the right to be among the best and why!
scIII.jpg

Soul Calibur III - Amazing gameplay, only fighting game I know of with weapons; awesome weapons. Badass characters, customization. Awesome strategy story mode.

I just love Everything about it.

Minus the glitch where it screws up your memory card.

Goldeneye 007
The Sims
Civilization
Call of Duty 4 (new, but amazing next-gen game)
Smash Brothers
Rock Band
Guitar Hero
Super Mario Brothers 1 & 3
Grand Theft Auto 3
Mario Kart
F Zero X

A lot more oldies, but can't think.

Diablo II (both classic and lod)

Seriously, ive been playing this since 2000 or something.
Of all RPG's ive played this has the best PvP system i have ever seen, and theres just always something new you can do, the game is endless, its never boring.

Console:

The Legend of Zelda - A Link to the Past
Terranigma
Mike Tyson's Punch-Out!!

PC:

Baldur's Gate I & II + expansions
The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind
Age of Empires I & II

Mike Tyson's Punchout - Best boxing game ever, 007-373-5963
Metal Gear - This just revolutionize daction adventure games with a great story line and great equipment and weapon options
Metroid - I was so pissed to find out it was a chick all along, the best side scroller at the time
Gauntlet - The best 4 player adventure game ever made
Altered Beast - Welcome to your doom, steroid powerups mutants and zombiez
Street Fighter 2 - Best fighter game controls to this day
Mortal Combat - best finishing moves ever, if thrill kill were ever released it would take the title away from MK
Carmageddon - The best driving and killing game ever, electrecute powerups while listening to Fear Factory
Postal - The most disturbing game, yet fun in that really dark way
Doom - The original FPS, you can count Wolf3D, but it wasn't true 3d until Doom
Fallout - The best post apocalyptic role playing adventure game to date
Half Life - An FPS with puzzles and a ridiculous modding community that produced Counterstrike and Day of Defeat
Manhunt - Manhunt 2 is nothing compared to this ritual murder adventure game
Hitman - The best controls and storyline for any assasin game
Medieval Total War - This is what you get when you combine perfectly real time strategy like command and conquer with turn based strategy like Civilization
GTA3 - Finally an open ended game where you can just screw around without being pigeon holed into a storyline

Diablo II (both classic and lod)

Seriously, ive been playing this since 2000 or something.
Of all RPG's ive played this has the best PvP system i have ever seen, and theres just always something new you can do, the game is endless, its never boring.

Is there a lot of hacking/trainers as in the original one while playing online?

Baldurs Gate 1 + 2
Civilization (don't like 4 but the others own)
Theme Hospital
Half Life
Fallout series
System Shock 2
Grim Fandango
Monkey Island series (gifv MI 5)
Gangsters
Thief
Operation Flashpoint
Caesar 2
Diablo series
Total War series
Severance: Blade of Darkness (no one seems to have played, or even heard of this, but I loved it)
Descent 2
Dark Forces (owns Doom)
Tie Fighter

Sword of Mana. A GBA game that never gets boring and is long as hell with plenty of bosses.

Metal Gear Solid and Metal Gear Solid 2 are two games that are high up on the list for me. I can play through those games over and over and never get tired of them.

Final Fantasy VII and Shenmue at the top for me.

Others I'll mention are the Monkey Island, Broken Sword, Championship/Football Manager series of games. Stars Wars Knights Of The Old Republic, Skies Of Arcadia, Sam & Max... I'm forgetting loads but that's enough.