• Dean

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

TranzAm350

New Metal Member
Nov 17, 2001
Massachusettes
www24.brinkster.com
What do you all think the best 6 stringer for playing metal is. I like to hear other opinions of people becuase ive bought many new guitars that was great for metal. I started off when i was learning with a Fender Strat but when i got into playing metal it sucked so I bout a Jackson KSXT. I used that for a while and it was a great sounding guitar but I wanted something better so I went to a gibson SG, Which I loved. I had a little extra money to so I bought an Ibanez with it. But so far I think gibson worked out the best for me I wanna know what all you think.?

Attachments

• burnbird (lge).jpg
    28.7 KB · Views: 70
The best guitar for metal is without a doubt B.C. Rich! Look at all the great metal musicians who are endorsed by B.C. Rich...from Kerry King to Deicide to Iced Earth to Max Cavalera to Slipknot.

jackson are damn good.,.,.i have an ibanez and im happy with it.,.,.i personally love Washburn.,.,.but im never gonnna buy one.,.,yeah bc rich look pretty cool.,.,but all the ones i've played on have shitty pick ups.,.,.,i love their necks.,.,.their so small and make ur finger work alittle faster.,.,.lol max cavalera doesnt count as a guitarist.,.,.lol you have to have at least 6 strings .,.,not 4 or wut ever the hell he is doing.,.,.hmmm.,.,wut type of gibson do u have?

BC RICH......... they look like hell but I read a lot of reviews on the inet saying that their sound is cheap and they feel weird when playing.....dunno, have to try them myself eh

It depends on your personal feel of playing & listening.

I like Gibson sound the most (Anathema, Katatonia, the Gathering, Amorphis etc,etc), the huge, dirty sound it makes,
but almost any Ibanez or Jackson is also great (In Flames, My Dying Bride, Opeth's first two albums, Emperor....), it has more metallic, cleaner, 'straight' sound.

I play and recommend Ibanez guitars.

The main reason is that they are reasonably priced, and tend to have decent sounding pick ups. In my experience, most of the other guitars in a similar price range seem to have pretty dodgy sounding pickups.

I play and recommend Ibanez guitars.

:headbang: damn strait!.,.,.i really dont like B.C. Rich pickups.,.,but they do look like the shit.,.but so do Washburns (Dimebag style)
i think i might get a jackson.,.,.,they are like .,.,THE SAME AS IBANEZ!!!!!.,.,.lol.,.,im lookin at the one that the guitarist had in the Sepultara video for "roots bloody roots".,.,its sorta like the flying V.,.,but its alittle different.,.,.the pick ups should be pretty good.,.,i hope.,.,.