best guitar riffs

EagleFlyFree

crack you like an acorn
Feb 27, 2002
in a tree. that i have.
ok this is actually an extension to the "best drum solos" thread, so same rules: only the meanest ass kicking monsters with blood running down from their lips here, but i mean the ones that give you convulsions from the excitement!!

1. Primal Fear - Back from hell
the feeling fromt this song is like a container of red hot melted fury chilled and shaped into a giant boot that kicks your ass like a big bad ass freight truck... and that still doesn't do it justice!!

2. Primal Fear - Fight the fire
and THIS... this is plain masochism, listening to this song without wall paddings and rugby protections is fucking MAD!

3. Rage - Her Diary's Black Pages [0:33]
if this doesn't snap your neck or simply separate your head from it, you have either audible problems or an adrenaline making deficiency

4. Halford - Locked and Loaded
i can count the notes in this riff with one hand alone, yet all the human hands in the world couldn't possibly count the kilograms of force my jaws reach when i put this on!

5. Iron Savior - Seek and destroy
this stuff is smoking!! gotta love those hiperkinetic riffs!

6. Rage - Nevermore
i believe these fine german gentlemen are masters in the art of putting out riffs as simple as they can get while still ripping a chunk of your brain out everytime you listen to them...

7. Sinergy - Violated [1:22]
brilliant finnish ass whiping courtesy of mr Roope Latvala and our host mr Alexi Laiho!

8. Running Wild - Under Jolly Roger [0:44]
do not touch your speakers! this riff has 10000 volts into it!

9. Metallica - Metal Militia
i gotta admit, as much as i renegate of this band, this one cd was pure riffing brilliance... how things change!!

10. Megadeth - Take no prisoners
holy shit did "bay area thrashers" know how to riff...

11. Sinner - Troublemaker
rather neck pain maker!! these germans sure know how to have a good time!!

so many awesome riffs.. some very good ones are mentioned..

I always loved the first 30 seconds of Cannibal Corpse "I cum Blood" awesome :)

tehre are so many awesome riffs.. impossible to name em all