Best guitar solos?

Dora

Apr 20, 2003
USA
I noticed that there were only a few solos in Antimatter songs, so i think this type of artistic expression needs some promotion here..:) (thought from that little but great one in soft landing i get the shivers).

i'm not into malmsteen and other guitar-hero style freaking and dont really like people leaning back with wide opened shirt against the wind.. but i have some favourites..

hotel california
pink floyd: TIME, hey you, sorrow, shine on you, comfortably numb,..
and some from Slash even if im ashamed of it
prince- purple rain
hendrix little wing,
some gary moore..
zakk wylde/ozzy: no more tears
cure: the kiss (intro)
metallica and queen ones i could also mention
and poison: life goes on, skid row: in a darkened room..

oh well. lots of ridiculous old shit,
maybe solos became out-of-date ..?

any others to mention?

..plus Beborn Beton: Eisplanet

i might get flamed for that but i really love the solo on 'the unforgiven' from metallica. and of course any solo from dave murray. but im not really a fan of guitar solos at all. like.

yeah, i like fade to black..
i dont like them particulary either but the ones i like those i really like much (was this sentence ok?.. confused)

Neil Young has nice 10 minutes solos. I also like Page Hamilton of Helmet solos. There were also this finnish band called Mana Mana whose guitarist Otra Romppanen had marvellous lead guitars.

toolsofthetrade said:
btw, yer avatar Dora, is that from Lola Rennt?

HAHAHA
thats from windows paint, i did a black box, drew some light squares on sides and put my photo inside and then turned to sepia. :)

(Run Lola Run is a good movie though)

Thortyir said:
DEVIN TOWNSEND use to bound "Away" and "Deep peace" live with the solos... absolutely wonderful... last time I was crying...

were you? mate, that's brilliant!! i never experienced that, tho i've deffo been moved by his material in the past.

yer the biggest fan - that sorted now ;)
if i may be so humble (not), i wanna be in 2nd place :D