Best Guitarist / Bassist That Handles Lead Vocals As Well?

Raumien

Pepsi Fiend
Jul 24, 2003
Visit site
I think Corporate Death and Nefarious are pretty damn good (Macabre), their vocals have always interested me, from low growls on songs like Zodiak to the incredibly high-pitched White Hen Decapitator, as well as their playing, it fucking rules.

Dave Mustaine, always liked his vocals and watching their DVD, it's obvious he knows a thing or two about guitar. :p

Geddy Lee, his vocals are fucking cool, don't know of many, if any other people that have a sound like his. Must be a bitch to cover Rush songs with lots of vocals. :) He's a good bass player too, he really shines on their new DVD as well.

Satyr from Satyricon, solid in both vocals and strings. Nemesis Divina, he did a great job on.

What guitar or bass playing lead vocalists do you really admire?

Hmm, yes, Glen does have a very pleasant growl, not sloppy like some other bands I've heard, despite me being a fan of deeper growls like Burial has.

Glen Benton (deicide, vital remains)
Jon Vesano (nile) - quite possibly the scariest and most brutal man known to mankind :lol:
Mikael Akerfeldt (opeth)
Alexi Laiho (children of bodom)
Chuck Schuldiner (death)
Steve Tucker (morbid angel)

Yngtchie Blacksteen said:
Jimi Hendrix on guitar, Geddy Lee on bass.

It's undeniable that Hendrix is a guitar god, but I never really thought much of his vocals.

Nothing special really, although the guitar playing more than makes up for it!

Chuck Schuldiner - Death
Peter - Vader
Alexi Laiho - Children Of Bodom
Dave Mustain - Megadeth
Steve Tucker - Morbid Angel
Tom Araya - Slayer

High On Maiden said:
It's undeniable that Hendrix is a guitar god, but I never really thought much of his vocals.

Nothing special really, although the guitar playing more than makes up for it!
Well, his singing in the studio was very good. He had a nice, subtle voice, especially on ballads like Angel and Little Wing.

Chuck Schuldiner (RIP) - Death
Muhammed Suicmez - Necrophagist
Mikael Akerdeldt - Opeth
Mille Petrozza - Kreator
Alexi Laiho - Children Of Bodom
Jon Nodtveit (sp) - Dissection
Kelly Schaeffer - Athiest

ME!

and some lesser, honorable mentions...
chuck shuldiner
the bass player of nile
ihsahn
guy from vader
~gR~

aww yeah man, Jon Vesano is something else!! I've never seen anyone with better stage presence! he's pretty technical, his vocals are good, and he's a really cool, down to earth kinda guy. =)

oh yeah, and he's ripped like a farkin' bodybuilder :kickass: