Best In Flames Album?

Colony is the best, but Whoracle and The Jester Race are right behind. They're all great! JUST don't buy RTR!!! Their worst album. :D

I would put them
1. TJR/BAI
2. Colony
3. Lunar Strain/Sub.
4. Clayman
5. Whoracle
6. RtR
If you were just getting into the band, maybe it would be a good idea to pick up Tokyo Showdown first, just to get a sample of their newer stuff. I guess that would be a good place to start. I was never crazy about Whoracle. I thought some of the songs were nothing special. Only Jotun and Worlds really did it for me.

Here's how it goes:

1. Colony (It's just so non-stop energetic.... awesome riffs and solos are everywhere, it's just non stop...... their TRUE masterpiece....)
2. Clayman
3. Whoracle
4. Jester Race
5. Reroute to Remain

I love all of those..... the only one I'm not too fond of is....

6. Lunar Strain

AVOID any album that doesn't have Glenn on it. He left the band because he didn't want to be part of In Flames transformation into a mallcore band which took place on the Colon-y, Gayman, and Reroute to Remaingay albums. So be careful.

I love The Jester Race, Whoracle, Colony, Clayman, Reroute To Remain, Soundtrack To Your Escape, Come Clarity and Sounds Of A Playground Fading equally. One day I will prefer one, another day I will prefer another one.

Let's make things simple :

You're welcome.

Last edited by a moderator:
From old stuff for me the best is Whoracle,and from the new stuff RtR (but in comparison with Whoracle,it is pretty weak)

I refuse to pick a favorite because I love the albums in different ways. kinda hard to explain, but there's awesome music in all releases. of course, the jester race is probably the greatest melodic death metal album ever.....but I also love R2R for it's atmosphere, songwriting, and "epic positive" vibe, if that makes sense. same goes with the newer shit, i love how come clarity has faster songs, and goes back to the harmonies that really shows them "refine" that gothenburg sound.

I listen to In Flames since "Whoracle", but the best for me is "Reroute To Remain" and maybe at second place - "Soundtrack to Your Escape"