Best Judas Priest Album Ever??

Yeah, it isn't an 80's album. And he was commenting on the fact that you picked two albums by Priest that aren't from the 80s. One of which was Painkiller.

Oddly enough, Rocka Rolla and Painkiller are probably my favorites.

On the Rocka Rolla album: Cheater, Diamonds and Rust, and the title track, are some of favorite Blues-esqe songs from Priest. The only flaw was there was more flops then good songs.

...and I pretty much love most of Painkiller.

I listened to Hellben--I mean--Killing Machine in the car today and it was a good but nothing special. The only great songs were the ones that were on Metalworks, "Delivering the Goods" and "Hellbent for Leather".

I listened to Hellben--I mean--Killing Machine in the car today and it was a good but nothing special. The only great songs were the ones that were on Metalworks, "Delivering the Goods" and "Hellbent for Leather".

well, i think you should give it a couple more listens. i can't imagine someone thinking most of those tunes aren't great. how could someone not like "take on the world" with all it's mildly cheesy anthemic charm?

i also like "evening star" a lot. i guess i'm a sucker for judas priest slow jams. i can see how some people would think of it as the start of some cheese and the album "point of entry" type more mainstream sounding stuff but i guess you just had to have been there and heard it when it was exciting. still beats the shit out of metal by numbers painkiller boredom.

Point of Entry is one of my least favorite, but the Song Solar Angels is one of the best Preist songs they've ever done.

Man, don't get me started on the worst Maiden albums. I just don't like Blaze's singing...doesn't fit Maiden. I guess the Clansman...I like Maiden better, though. I think Maiden, for me, has more songs that are better than the best Priest songs. And even though Maiden was influenced by them, and they both are similiar in a few things, you can tell them apart, for sure.

There's a lot of great stuff on Painkiller. When I first heard it, I was frankly shocked at how much heavier it was than what had come before. Major high point in Priest's career.