Best live shows

When are they from?

I've seen a video of Dio live on the Sacred Heart tour in 1986, is that Dio - Live In Concert?

Coz that's the best live video I've ever seen. Yes, even better than Live After Death. What a show!!

Have you seen it dude?

I can't get over how good it is hehe. A massive dragon breathing fire, twice as many pyrotechnics than Kiss on the farewell tour, the playing is brilliant (the guitarist rocks!), best lighting I've ever seen..... *Drops jaw*

Originally posted by The Trooper
Have you seen it dude?

I can't get over how good it is hehe. A massive dragon breathing fire, twice as many pyrotechnics than Kiss on the farewell tour, the playing is brilliant (the guitarist rocks!), best lighting I've ever seen..... *Drops jaw*

Holy crap! That sounds AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!

Hehehe yep.

There's some cheesy but really cool things on the big screen too. Like this medieval type storytelling things with Ronnie's face and stuff haha.

Apparently that tour has been voted best rock stage show of all time in various rock/metal magazines and stuff.

Im listening to Dios greatest hits now, how freaking funny is it in Sacred Heart just before the chorus where that silly keyboard bit goes "ahhhhhhhhh" :lol:

You know that part I mean? Top song otherwise :D

Track list for Dios new album :D

Killing the Dragon ~ CD Track List
Killing The Dragon
Along Came A Spider
Scream
Better In The Dark
Rock And Roll
Push
Guilty
Throw Away Children
Before The Fall
Cold Feet

The vids are both official releases, both released in 84. "Live In Concert" is of the Holy Diver tour, and "Special From The Spectrum" is from the Last In Line tour (although it has pics of the dragons and awesome stage show on the cover...). Both are great gigs, with awesome stage sets and such, and yes, Vivian Campbell is an AWESOME guitarist! I actually have a Vivian Campbell guitar tutorial video. I got it just becasue he is so awesome and I wanted to see him in action! :D

Set list of "Live In Concert":
-Stand Up And Shout
-Straight Through The Heart
-Shame On The Night
-Children Of The Sea
-Holy Diver
-Heaven And Hell
-Rainbow In The Dark
-Don't Talk To Strangers

Set list of "Special From The Spectrum":
-Stand Up And Shout
-Don't Talk To Strangers
-Mystery
-Egypt (The Chains Are On)
-Heaven And Hell
-The Last In Line
-Rainbow In The Dark
-The Mob Rules
-We Rock

Blitzy I would'nt mind the live In concert one I have the other. um I don't have a lot of Video's most are offical stuff. I will list them on the Trade post.

Nah the one I've seen is obviously his 3rd official live video then. Wow he did one for every album. This one is just called Dio Sacred Heart Live I think. Much longer setlist and I'm pretty certain it isn't Vivian on guitar, but whoever it is kicks anus.

Yeah I have a Live Tape 5 tracks called Intermission on the cover it has Ronnie slaying the Dragon or whatever, but I have never seen a Vid of that era , excellant live shows that tour I believe . I also have a press cutting around 1985 advertising DIO touring OZ but the tour was later cancelled, no it must have been 1986 as I was living in Broken Hill and the gig was in Adeliade (Theabarton or something like that ohh those missed opportunities)