Best Metal Albums of 2010

So I FINALLY have gotten to hear the new Centurions Ghost and their is no way it isn't touching my top 10 of 2010. FUCKING CRUSHING as expected. godamnit this rules too hard. :kickass: :kickass: :kickass:

1331centurionsghostblessedcursedinequalmeasurepreorder120100115.jpg

edit: HOLY SHIT

So I FINALLY have gotten to hear the new Centurions Ghost and their is no way it isn't touching my top 10 of 2010. FUCKING CRUSHING as expected. godamnit this rules too hard. :kickass: :kickass: :kickass:

1331centurionsghostblessedcursedinequalmeasurepreorder120100115.jpg

edit: HOLY SHIT

What is it like? Their second album?

Well, it's still CG but, based on just a couple listens, this is definitely their best album yet. It's a lot better than I expected and I always loved em in the past. It's just absolutely RIFF-TASTIC. It's got progressive touches here and there and a lot of southern Down-like riffs or Cathedral type heavy groove riffs amongst the massive tidal wave riffs. The album just RIFFS. Not to mention some nice anthem-like choruses here and there. It's in another word...INTENSE.

You know when you hear a riff and you find yourself bobbin' your head along with a really stupidly ugly looking face pasted on your mug? Well, this album has many of them moments.

gonna listen to this ... have a sales call to make in 10 minutes, it better make my blood boil :loco:

pretty damn awesome, love that riff change at around 3:30 ...
the singer reminds me someone from the old metal scene ... he's a dead ringer for someone and I can't put my finger who exactly.

hmm kind of, but he reminds me of someone from the old HC scene. someone from one of those crossover bands.

anyway, i'll seek out this disc. :kickass:

Someone around here once said that Fas - Ite, Maledicti, in Ignem Aeternum made them want to run through the Vatican with an axe. The new Watain does that for me. Good stuff.

there's a new anathema? well i'll be

Someone around here once said that Fas - Ite, Maledicti, in Ignem Aeternum made them want to run through the Vatican with an axe. The new Watain does that for me. Good stuff.

makes me want to run through watain with an axe

Ok, new Watain is good but let's not start comparing them to Deathspell Omega. Also, last track on new Anathema is elite.

makes me want to run through watain with an axe

never understood what it is about Watain that has made them REALLY popular around here in the past year or so. About one in five people at gigs wear Watain shirts now, I sure missed some turning point there... The debut and the second album were quite solid, but the amount of acclaim for the new album just goes to show how general appreciation for black metal is going downhill. People go apeshit as soon as they hear an actual riff these days. That's what you get from excessive exposure to that whole post-apocalyptic-shoegaze-cyber dungfeast.

Or maybe it's just the dead rats and provocative talk, meh.