Best name for a band?

Originally posted by Hearse

Thales is a crater on the moon.
(we found out later) that it's name of one great mathematist/philosopher, and that crater is most likely named after him (maybe he have even found it, dunno that, have to learn more)

But we chosed it cause it was crater on the moon, but found out later that it has much more

hehe I thought it had something to do with him,but i felt it would be stupid to ask :rolleyes:
yup he is Greek :) but i don't think he discovered the crater....

btw,Rocking Dildos is another great name for a band :p :lol:

Originally posted by Hearse

Thales is a crater on the moon.
(we found out later) that it's name of one great mathematist/philosopher, and that crater is most likely named after him (maybe he have even found it, dunno that, have to learn more)

But we chosed it cause it was crater on the moon, but found out later that it has much more

Diabolical Masquerade is great band name too, it isn't short but it looks good and sounds good and it's easy to remember, only when it's translated to finnish, it doesn't sound good anymore :D :lol:

Dark Tranquillity is a pretty good one too, if you know what the band sounds like. Only that "Dark" sounds in my ear, abit of cliche. But as I said, when you know the band, it fits perfectly. :D

Dark Tranquillity reminds me of Darkthrone and Dark Funeral, Black Funeral or bands like that. Firstly, I thought that Dark Tranquillity plays Black Metal until I discovered Anders Friden on one of the pictures of Skydancer :)

Nashville Pussy:D
Dead Can Dance
Unleashed
Megadeth (come on, can't go wrong there:) )
Spazz
Withdrawn (great fucking sludge doom around here about 5 years ago) R.I.P.
My Dying Bride (it just works somehow, fits.)
Anathema
Nirvana
Damaged...

I like the names Dave Matthews Band and Matt Good Band. It is a good idea to use the singer's name with "band" if you can't think of anything... unless the other band members become jealous or the singer's name is horrible (eg. Frank Sloth)...

just kidding... :lol:

I love Tiamat as a band name. I've only heard one of their songs, and I've heard they have drastically changed their direction, but I still love the name. I am interested in ancient religions and mythology, so that may be why. On the same idea, Marduk is also a great band name too, but I don't believe I've heard them. :)

In my first steps in metal, for quite some time i thought Dimmu Borgir was the name of a man rather than the name of a band :D

yeah thats actually pretty interesting, i didnt know it meant dark castle, which is very very lame lol. Also I think Dave Mathews Band is fucking horrible, i mean wtf? They had no time to come up with a name so the lead singer was like "lets just name the band after me!" boring......

Originally posted by Siren
In my first steps in metal, for quite some time i thought Dimmu Borgir was the name of a man rather than the name of a band :D

-in an airport- Mr. Dimmu Borgir, please report to boarding gate 2, Mr. Dimmu Borgir, please report to boarding gate 2...

@Hearse: You mean Thales de Miletos?

Originally posted by Melancholia
Yup,it's this Thales..
ÈáëÞò ï ÌéëÞóéïò

and his goddamned uhmm theorima we had to learn at school
:Shedevil:

It is the fault of you greek people that we have to learn so much stuff at school...:p

Originally posted by FatherVic
for a funfull band: Un pingüino en mi ascensor (A penguin in my elevator) :) [/B]

ok.....having just seen this i must say i find it amusing :lol: .... so i must throw in my own: "Un gato en los pantalones del muerto" (yeah, thats a cat in the pants o' death :D )

Originally posted by Final_Vision
Also I think Dave Mathews Band is fucking horrible, i mean wtf? They had no time to come up with a name so the lead singer was like "lets just name the band after me!" boring......

The band really just runs out of ideas after a while. They named their 41st song 41 since they could not think of a name. The song titles also have nothing to do with the songs; they just randomly choose a few words and throw them together, not being able to think of anything better.

I don't really like DMB, except a few of their songs, but I still hang out on their message board (sometimes). :)

"The Final_Vision Blue Grass Experience" never cought on huh? Well youll all be crying beggin for money when we hit the scene and were on all the big tv shows!

Originally posted by Final_Vision
"The Final_Vision Blue Grass Experience" never cought on huh? Well youll all be crying beggin for money when we hit the scene and were on all the big tv shows!
if you get in all the big tv shows then you won't be tr00 and thus there will be no need to listen to your music and beg you! ;) :p