Best new band of the century

Fangface said:
THUNDERSTORM also deserve to be mentionned, (new) melodic Doom at its best!
Hell yeah! I forgot them first album 2000, second 2002, the third is coming soon:hotjump:

Also Astral Doors, Force Of Evil, Gordian Knot, Silver Seraph, Opus Atlantica, Space Odyssey, Sabaton, Onward, Power Symphony, Misery Inc.Mercury Tide, Masterplan, Majesty, Krux, Cryonic Temple, Black Steel, Mercury Tide.

Dear God, forgot about Masterplan! :erk:
What an album (certainly better than latest Helloween offering), I'm sure the next will be great as well...

Did you see those 2 Cryonic Temple videos available from their site?
Their music is good, but the videos are laughable to say the least... :tickled:

Fangface said:
Hell yeah, Astral Doors and Masterplan!

How do you do to remember all the bandnames Wyv'? :loco:
I have my collection in Excel format, so I just check everytime otherwise I forget new stuff all the time.

@ SB: I agree that Cryonic Temple videos (I have one in my HD available for SoulSeek UMOS members :D ) are laughable so are they lyrics. They are in the cheese business along with Manowar, Majesty, Dream Evil and even Hammerfall but what the heck I like their stuff. As a matter of fact I was driving today to the job with "Chapter 1", awsome stuff to relax in the jams singing along. :loco:

So...what the fuck is this...?

A poll on new bands in the Old School forum?...WTF...?

Oh, never mind, I'm on the bandwagon...!

My fave by far...the debut Masterplan album (very much looking forward to the follow-up...sophomore slump, anyone?)

Other than that...TOC (formerly Throne Of Chaos)...their Loss Angeles album is a decadent journey of all styles of metal...power, prog, trad, mellow, death...etc...it's a shame to apply labels...the thing is just fucking undefinable...but it's so incredibly metal!

Just check it out...and applaud the good folks at Inside Out for having the balls to release it!

Rock on!

DrillSergeant said:

Despite being a nice guy, I am one opinionated son of a bitch. "Bitter Part of Me" doesn't compete with my fave release of 2004, namely Tad Morose "Modus Vivendi" but TM has been at it for over 10 years. Panic Cell kicks fucking ass and as they mature as a band, the sky is the limit. I listen to PC quite a bit, but I don't like to post it here normally. Luke and the boys are too new at the game and I don't want to give them any false sense of success. That band has a unique style and I like it.

Bryant

I'd like to mention the newly formed Vision Divine. Its an Italian band and they have a new singer called Michele Luppi. And he is fantastic. Their style is almost the opposite of that other famous Italian band Rhapsody.

No choirs here. Actually their latest album "Stream Of Consciousness" is beautiful, melodic and still powerfull. It not a progresive metal album, although many people for lack of a better name, will call it that. Don't be fooled by any label when it comes to this particular release! Check it out. You will not be dissapointed!

Bryant said:
Despite being a nice guy, I am one opinionated son of a bitch. "Bitter Part of Me" doesn't compete with my fave release of 2004, namely Tad Morose "Modus Vivendi" but TM has been at it for over 10 years. Panic Cell kicks fucking ass and as they mature as a band, the sky is the limit. I listen to PC quite a bit, but I don't like to post it here normally. Luke and the boys are too new at the game and I don't want to give them any false sense of success. That band has a unique style and I like it.

Bryant
cheerz boys,thanks for the mention,but as you say bryant,we've got a way to go before we can be compared to some of the awsome bands that have come out this century so far.

we'll get there though. :D

btw,the new vids ready,can you pm me your addy so i can send you a dvd!
you too greeno and jonnyd,if you read this thread.
cheerz guys :worship: