Best new band of the century

Greeno

Oct 14, 2003
WV USA
Well we are 5 years into the 2000's and I was wondering who you guys (and gals) think are the best new metal bands.

So what new bands that have only been releasing albums since 2000 do you consider the cream of the crop?

My pick is Wolf. I just got their first 2 albums ("Wolf" and "Black Wings") the other day and they are just as good as the new release ("Evil Star"). That's 3 solid releases from them since 2000. I hear growth in each release and am very excited to hear the next one.

hey Greeno, Wolf's first album was released in 1999 :p

My top would be :

1/ Malédiction (Fra)
2/ Solemnity (Ger)
3/ Volcano (Jap)
4/ Stormwarrior (Ger)
5/ Kragens (Fra)
6/ Taraxacum (Ger)

Fangface said:

My top would be :

1/ Malédiction (Fra)
2/ Solemnity (Ger)
3/ Volcano (Jap)
4/ Stormwarrior (Ger)
5/ Kragens (Fra)
6/ Taraxacum (Ger)

:err: need to update my CD collection again I think ....

Greeno said:
Well we are 5 years into the 2000's and I was wondering who you guys (and gals) think are the best new metal bands.

So what new bands that have only been releasing albums since 2000 do you consider the cream of the crop?

My pick is Wolf. I just got their first 2 albums ("Wolf" and "Black Wings") the other day and they are just as good as the new release ("Evil Star"). That's 3 solid releases from them since 2000. I hear growth in each release and am very excited to hear the next one.
Sorry to dissapoint you but the 21st century started in January 1, 2001. So actually we are barely 3.8 years into it. Come back in a year and a half and we'll talk :D And like Fang pointed Wolf debut is from 1999 :p

If we count only LPs I'll have to decide between Wolf, Dream Evil, Manigance, Malediction and Taraxacum.

LOST HORIZON - To me, absolutely best band of the new millenium! :worship:
These guys really kick ass IMO and are a real breath of fresh air in somewhat stalling and repetitive heavy metal scene. Two albums - two classics!

STORMWARRIOR - These guys basically released "Walls of Jericho" pts. II and III. :D Great stuff, tough heavy metal at its best! :headbang:

Can't remember any other, haven't heard the others you've listed...

Fangface said:

I could not find the date on the one I have so I looked it up at Rockdetector.com and they have it listed as a 2000 release on the No Fashion label.

Wyvern said:
Sorry to dissapoint you but the 21st century started in January 1, 2001.

Thanks for not disappointing me Wyvern, I knew when I started this thread that some butthead would say that. :D

Since I started the thread we'll use the year 2000 as the starting point. :)

SickBoy said:
STORMWARRIOR - These guys basically released "Walls of Jericho" pts. II and III. :D Great stuff, tough heavy metal at its best! :headbang:

Wow, 2 people for Stormwarrior, cool. I loved their first release on Remedy but the new one (Northern Rage) was a letdown for me. It just sounds like any other power metal album. I do need to listen to it some more though.

SickBoy said:
These guys really kick ass IMO and are a real breath of fresh air in somewhat stalling and repetitive heavy metal scene. Two albums - two classics!
Damn, I forgot them :loco:

sixxswine said:
Gimme a couple of years, I'm not prepared to pick "A" band of the century, that's a tough order don't you think?

It's not like 95 years from now were going to hunt you down and make fun of your pick. :) You have to have a couple new bands (I ment to say bands, not just one) that you really like, so who are they? Who has been the most consistent new metal bands?

SickBoy said:

Thank you! First band that came to mind when I read the title of the thread.

Greeno said:
I knew when I started this thread that some butthead would say that. :D
At your service ma'am :p

I have to add Lorihen (first album 2000 to follow the threadmaster's orders :D ) to the list.

Ok, here are my picks and I'll probably irritate the hell outta some of you but that's life...

My favorite band of the last 5 years that actually CAME OUT or became known in the last 5 years is THE DARKNESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I know they're really like SPINAL TAP part 2 but damn that album is catchy as hell and I play it in the car at least one day a week ever since I bought it. If you don't like 'em fine but I say they rule.

Second, I'll tell you my favorite METAL band of the last 5 years and that is SUPERJOINT RITUAL. I freakin' loooooooooove "Lethal Dose". A close runner up is LAMB OF GOD "As the Palaces Burn". Great riffage there for sure.

Great thread o mighty green one!

Let me just fix this up.. At the supposed "birth of Christ" the years were reset to zero, from zero to year 1 is one year. From year 1 - year 2 is two years. Keep this pattern up and you'll see that when you get to January first 2000, it's a new century. It's definately NOT January first 2001 :D