Best Nightingale album?

Nightfall Overture does kick ass indeed. There were tears in my eyes when I heard those older sings with Dan's more mature and expressive vocals. The title track is so beautiful and so moving. Dan sings like god on that one.

I think Invisible is a very good disc, but a bit too much like Alive Again, and I really think if Dan goes for a more dark prog rock thing rather than 50/50 prog and hard rock it would kick ass. I agree his voice is at its best on the album though.

I expect the new Nightingale to be as great as expected, but I'm drooling uncontrollably when I think of Dan's Second Sky. Because I know it's gonna be entirely prog.

Great title for new N'gale by the way, Dan. Can't wait to hear it.

NP: Solefald - Red for Fire: An Icelandic Odyssey Part I

This is a hard one. Do I have to choose?

The Breathing shadow I love for its goth feeling and I also have some kind of nostalgic feeling about it. Hard to explain. Could be because it's the first Nightingale album I ever heard back in the days.

Nightfall Overture I love for the way that the guys have brought new life to the old songs.

Invisible I love for the great new songs and Dan's wonderful vocals.

I love all the other albums as well, but those three are at the top and it's hard for me to choose one that I like the most, since I like each one "the most" for different reasons. So in conclusion I guess my list would look like this:

1. The Breathing Shadow, Nightfall Overture, Invisible
4. The Closing Chronicles
5. Alive Again
6. I

*really looking forward to Second Sky and White Darkness*

I really like all of them, but Alive Again is my favorite- every song on the album is just insanely catchy. Plus it reminds me a lot of whitesnake. And I love whitesnake!

this is hard.

I think my faves are The Breathing Shadow, I and Alive Again.
But then again, Invisible completely rocks, and the song-quallity of CC is stunning. However, Closing Cronicles suffers from weak production and actually not one of Dans better vocal-moments. Strangely enough I think the production on The Breathing Shadow is very cool, and man, that album is filled with top-notch Swanömelodies.

Ok, let's post something here again after a while.
1.Nightfall overture
2.The closing chronicals
3.Invisible
4.I
But all the albums have their own particular cool things