Votes: 5 6.0%
  • Mayhem

Votes: 2 2.4%
  • Frosthardr

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Borknagar

Votes: 15 17.9%

• Total voters
Fuck, how is someone supposed to choose when there are so many equally fine artists. I find I just go through stages of whom I am into more at the moment so I shall list the following all as good as one another, but I will class them rating highest to lowest by who has influenced me the most, and had the biggest bearing on my playing.

#1, Emperor and Immortal evenly. (Immortal has had the biggest impact on my style, but Emperor are who I always find myself looking up to as setting the bench mark of what a serious peforming metal band should be). Immortal win for the groove and hook element on the strength of their last 3 releases. Emperor win for how much they developed their idea in the time they were together, the win for creativity, they win for being one the most awe inspiring live musicians in metal today. Both bands kick ass.
#2, Satyricon... Love em.
#3, Zyklon...... (If Myrkskog are Norwegian, which I'm certain they are.. I rate them equal 3rd with Zyklon.
#4, Thorns(I'm sure he's Norwegian aswell). The Thorns album will forever get my vote for being some of the darkest metal I've heard untill something darker comes along, or indeed his next album.
#5, Borknagor. Out of the above mentioned Borknagor has had the least impact on my own style, but what can say...I.C.S Vortex, completely brilliant.

I would vote for Red Harvest!!

But, as many of you already pointed out, where are:

Immortal, Ulver, Dimmu Borgir, Limbonic Art, Carpathian Forest, Hellfire, Enslaved, Gehenna, Darkthrone, Beyond Dawn, Thorns, Khold, Zyklon.....among a lot of other good Norwegian metal bands?:confused:

For a more in depth discussion on any of these (or any other Norwegian bands) check out the Norwegian Metal forum.

We need more people over there, and I know everyone loves Norwegian metal (in all its guises). :headbang:

the votes in the favor of Emperor is just about backup enough in itself, they are not very consistent for one, people just think they're so groundbreaking because of a few decent songs that happen to be fairly unique. the rest get boring quick. there are many many bands I would rate above them, even in norway alone.

Originally posted by MistralMetal
the votes in the favor of Emperor is just about backup enough in itself, they are not very consistent for one, people just think they're so groundbreaking because of a few decent songs that happen to be fairly unique. the rest get boring quick. there are many many bands I would rate above them, even in norway alone.

It's your opinion... and I have another one totally different. Emperor is one of the most brilliant band I ever heard, and there's almost nothing I don't love in all the music they created. There are very few bands I like that much, perhaps 3 or 4...
Anyway, if you don't like them, it's not a big deal, but my vote for them, as many others, is deserved. They are (were) so great...
And I would rate Arcturus #2 :)

Originally posted by nyarlathotep
mistral metal, you are the biggest faggot i have ever met in this forum. fuck you, you fuckin dumb ignorant bastard. eat my shit. all hail the EMPEROR.

yeah...... so he has another opinion than you. big deal. grow the fuck up