The best death metal band...

Which, do you think, is the best death metal band of these 20 bands?

• Morbid Angel

Votes: 17 15.3%
  • Malevolent Creation

Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Cannibal Corpse

Votes: 3 2.7%
  • Deicide

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Suffocation

• Death

Votes: 51 45.9%
  • The Crown

Votes: 6 5.4%
  • Dying Fetus

• Vader

Votes: 4 3.6%
  • Cryptopsy

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Broken Hope

• Obituary

• Terrorizer

• Carcass

Votes: 9 8.1%
  • Six Feet Under

• Nile

Votes: 5 4.5%
  • Decapitated

• Insision

• Immolation

• Bolt Thrower

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
Seriously. Some of you guys dont know what DEATH METAL is. Sure it's hard to classify these days EXACTLY what band is what, but come on, give the guy a fucking break.

At The Gates, is thrash to me BTW.

P.S. I voted Morbid Angel

If In Flames and At the Gates aren't real death metal becuase they're melodic death, I don't think is more real death either. Don't get me wrong, I voted for death, but a band like Morbid Angel is real death to me. Death (the band) started out like a "regular" death metal band, but changed into a mix between progressive metal and death metal. I like Death's "Symbolic" the best, but I have only heard that, "Leprosy" and "Sound of perseverance" by Death. I like more technical stuff with catchy melodic riffs instead of just deep tones, heavy riffs with melodies you can't remember when you've heard the record 20 times.

Originally posted by Misanthrope
CC is like maiden, catchy and fun for a while but with no real depth, because they trade in evolution for a known formula too.

In whose SICK mind CC would be FUNNY. ;) I've always found them very repulsive, even though I've more or less liked a few of their songs.

I like Bloodbath though, so it's not the genre I hate, but the poor musicianship they (CC) show.