Post EVERY Tech Death band you know of, and best songs/album

Cool stuff, glad they helped...

The thing that surprised me was how good their right hand technique was, i learnt Uroboric Forms, and it's just crazy, it took me hours to get the picking correct...

No Trapped, that was not a joke. North From Here is the only Sentenced cd that I can listen to repeatedly, and easily their most complex and powerful. I take it you disagree? Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but I hope you're not going to say they are getting better with age. If so, will you also say ReLoad was a vast inprovement on Master of Puppets?!

Did anyone else check out Sceptic? I've heard songs from Pathetic Being and they all sound really good...a lot like Death, but still with a bit originality.

For anyone big fans of cynic you should definately check out ALARUM, especially their newer stuff which is highly technical jazz fusion. They also mix some cleaner vox, also some synth vox just like cynic used too!!!

A must for antone into technical music!

No Trapped, that was not a joke. North From Here is the only Sentenced cd that I can listen to repeatedly, and easily their most complex and powerful. I take it you disagree? Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but I hope you're not going to say they are getting better with age. If so, will you also say ReLoad was a vast inprovement on Master of Puppets?!

DUDE!! The name of this thread is "Post EVERY Tech Death band you know of, and best songs/album"

I love sentenced, but they are NOT technical death!! Not in the least! Old sentenced is great, AND new sentenced is great, two totally different things, and NEITHER are technical death metal, fumbleboot was referring to bands like Martyr, Death and Atheist, you know, TECHNICAL death.

And by the way, the comment about reload is just ludicrous, you are an idiot, despite the fact i have agreed with you on things before. I wasn't making ANY reference to new sentenced being better than old sentenced, i was refering to the fact that sentenced are and have ALWAYS been a fairly simple band, even the death metal stuff was fairly simple.

I own all of sentenced records with exception to their two latest ones, crimson and the new one, as i have no desire to own them, despite the fact i think they are decent. I was a fan of the "Death Metal" sentenced before i was of the "New Sentenced", stuff like "The Truth" is awesome, but it is NOT technical, not in the least.

Please, explain to me the aspects of the music on North from here that are technical? I am playing the album right now, and it is straightforward metal, not complicated in any way.

Hey misanthrope: Sceptic are great eh? The vocals are terrible, but the music is really cool stuff, it's somewhere in between older death and pestilence i guess, they were/are big fans of spheres.

Trapped - (Annoyed that he was misunderstood, and that dolphz had the nerve to patronize him)

ALaRum... i saw the band a few months ago, met the guys, and they were all awesome... their new demo is awesome eh?

Enless Vortex... Martyr rule dude :D

Hey Misanthrope I just wanted to make a quick note..

If the chord doesn't have the 3rd in it then it would be a sus2 chord instead of a 9 chord. The 3rd is what makes the 2,4, and 6 into a 9,11, and 13.

I think.. heh.. just wanted to let you know and keep myself from getting to rusty.

Brandon

Hey Trapped, I apologize for the patronizing remark, I was unclear on your meaning of the "bad joke" response. I truly think North From Here is a technical death lp. If you don't consider "Fields of Blood, Harvester of Hate" technical death, then I guess we have different definitions of the genre.

Originally posted by Trapped
Hey misanthrope: Sceptic are great eh? The vocals are terrible, but the music is really cool stuff, it's somewhere in between older death and pestilence i guess, they were/are big fans of spheres.
I actually don't mind the vocals too much anymore...I kinda like them now. Not as bad as, say, Quo Vadis. And the music is absolutely amazing.

Originally posted by Autumn Falls
Hey Misanthrope I just wanted to make a quick note..

If the chord doesn't have the 3rd in it then it would be a sus2 chord instead of a 9 chord. The 3rd is what makes the 2,4, and 6 into a 9,11, and 13.

I think.. heh.. just wanted to let you know and keep myself from getting to rusty.

Brandon

its sus2 then? or wouldnt it be sus9?

I hate naming chords :p

dolphz is not alone in thinking North from Here deserves being mentioned in this thread.
"And about North From Here... At the time we got compared a lot to Atheist, and I'm sure you can understand it in some way because of the.. technicality..." - Taneli Jarva around the time Amok was released.

*shrug*

Well, i wouldn't class it is technical at all. The music is no different to Testament's newer stuff, and that sure as hell isn't technical death metal.

I would maybe consider it progressive, in the opeth way, with lots of riff changes and time changes, but it's not complicated at all, it's basically thrash, but with the drums more upfront.

Originally posted by Trapped
ALaRum... i saw the band a few months ago, met the guys, and they were all awesome... their new demo is awesome eh?

Yeah Mr Palf from alarum gave me their new promo at their last gig, and its bloody amazing stuff!!:headbang:....They are really pushing themselves on their newer songs. They are the only band that has come close to cynic, some songs there is even use of synth vox just cynic!!!

Also Trapped did alarum happen to play any cover songs at the gig when you saw them???

They had been playin the odd death cover and atheist a couple of times i seen them earlier this year!!...it was killer!

Cheers and beers