Post EVERY Tech Death band you know of, and best songs/album

Guh, man, Quo Vadis's singer just suck, IMO. He's like Barney Greenway, execpt worse.

I thrid the motion for Spastic Ink. Listen to YYZ from Rush, and that's basically what it sounds like, very interesting. BTW, Bumblefoot, I friggin LOVE Martyr. Thanks for the link, man.

Am I the only person here that LIKES Control Denied? Or is just a given that if you listed Death that you also mean Control Denied? (Too seperate entities, imo) Hell, I love these guys... Sucks about Chuck however...

He's like Barney Greenway, execpt worse.

Lol. Is that possible?? :lol:

BTW, Bumblefoot, I friggin LOVE Martyr. Thanks for the link, man.

HEY!! I post Martyr on here. Give me some credit! None of you SCHMUCKS would have even known of them if I hadn't been OBSESSED with them like i am. DAMN YOU TO HELL!!:mad:

:D

*sigh*

I guess people STILL prefer looks over intelligence.

It's a shame that we're all not so beautiful like bumblefoot...!!

Dude, you need to listen to some cryptopsy a bit more. They're about as techo as it gets in my book. Not only do they play at an insaine speed, the shit they play whilst maintaining said speed is just not right. You will need at least a year of listening to them before your ear has adjusted to the style and you actually start picking up on things they're doing. It took me a full year of listening to "Whisper Supremacey", I didn't hate it, but I didn't like it either. Then one day, god know's why(it must have been from other shit I was getting into at the time), I found that I awoke and decided I wanted to give Cryptopsy a listen again. I remember this day as if it was yesterday, and I also remember saying out loud. What the fuck was I thinking, these guys are spastic!!! I've been into em ever since. I still pick up on little things in their songs that I had managed to miss the previous 500 listens. Some of the patterns the drummer plays are incredibally techo, same goes for bass lines and guitar lines. There is some truly fucked up shit going on in the music of Cryptopsy. As I said...... if you haven't really listened to em before, I wouldn't expect that you'd be way into it from the start. But if you are prepared to listen to one of their albums at least once every few weeks I garauntee one day the pin will drop, and they'll make total sense. Cryptopsy is an aquired taste.
Other than that, as mentioned previousley definately check out Martyr, totally techo from what I've heared of them. And also definately Emperor, but it's their last 2 albums that are the most technical, and experimental.

Originally posted by YourFuneral
Am I the only person here that LIKES Control Denied? Or is just a given that if you listed Death that you also mean Control Denied? (Too seperate entities, imo) Hell, I love these guys... Sucks about Chuck however...

No you are not, and yes they are 2 separate bands.

Originally posted by Bumblefoot

Er... i shoulda been more clear. I meant bands that aren't brutally heavy, just techincal with odd time sigs. I don't put Cryptopsy, Nile, or Dying Fetus in there. But thanx anyway! and i forgot about Gorguts, with the album Obscura. That is along those lines too.

i think cryptopsy have some very odd times sigs sometimes... :eek:

the forsaken!! one of the few good death bands coming out of sweden now.. oldschool mixed with a little of the gothenburg-melodicness (is that a word). melodic, technical and brutal as hell, certanily one of my faves

Theory in Practice rule!

Antithesis deserves recognition.

Sentenced-North From Here. Technical death, easily their best.

Vader is amazing technical heavy death.

Emperor is the best band ever, and the last two are insanely technical. Prometheus is pure genius, and it will take MANY listens to really grasp all the insane shit going on in each song.

Originally posted by enigma_nocurnus
Dude, you need to listen to some cryptopsy a bit more. They're about as techo as it gets in my book. Not only do they play at an insaine speed, the shit they play whilst maintaining said speed is just not right. You will need at least a year of listening to them before your ear has adjusted to the style and you actually start picking up on things they're doing. It took me a full year of listening to "Whisper Supremacey", I didn't hate it, but I didn't like it either. Then one day, god know's why(it must have been from other shit I was getting into at the time), I found that I awoke and decided I wanted to give Cryptopsy a listen again. I remember this day as if it was yesterday, and I also remember saying out loud. What the fuck was I thinking, these guys are spastic!!! I've been into em ever since. I still pick up on little things in their songs that I had managed to miss the previous 500 listens. Some of the patterns the drummer plays are incredibally techo, same goes for bass lines and guitar lines. There is some truly fucked up shit going on in the music of Cryptopsy. As I said...... if you haven't really listened to em before, I wouldn't expect that you'd be way into it from the start. But if you are prepared to listen to one of their albums at least once every few weeks I garauntee one day the pin will drop, and they'll make total sense. Cryptopsy is an aquired taste.
Other than that, as mentioned previousley definately check out Martyr, totally techo from what I've heared of them. And also definately Emperor, but it's their last 2 albums that are the most technical, and experimental.

Yea bumble come on i mean we got your point but saying cryptopsy is not technical? Thats just crazy talk :p

Cynic should be enough

Im still trying to get over the tabs you posted, i already worked on veil of maya is amazing to see they chord progression wich is actually a very simple convination of tritones and 9th power chord ( no 7th or 3rth, just 1 5 9 kinda 9ths ) for most of the song keeping a 4 chord progression and a 2 chord progression yet the ammount of details, the incredible guitar technique, the amazing rhythm section, is just great to see some people out there still know how to make arrengements in a song without making it sound like notes on top of riffs but rather blending smoothly into the song as a whole.