• There are better ones

Votes: 11 36.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Demoke

This is the Almighty:
Oct 8, 2003
Berlin Germany
Hi. I just have a curiosity: what do you think is the best Opeth photo? -Opeth as a band, I mean-

In the options you have the photos in which we have the actual 4 members together :p that's including the Martins, and photos which are in the album booklets. This leaves it down to three: MAYH (p. 3 in the reissue edition), BWP and D2. Isn't it any of these? Have you got better Opeth photos? Then, feel free to post them on this thread.

My favourite one? I would have to go for the Blackwater Park one. It looks really good for some strange reason I can't really explain. it's maybe the weird colours, the leather jackets or Peter's glasses, I don't know...

The Blackwater Park one got me into Opeth, so I'd go with that, if it wasn't for *the* photo. Yeah you know which one I mean.

opethweirdo7hj.jpg

By the way, there is a Still Life screenshot with the whole band in it. I also thought that Mendez wasn't part of the crew in MAYH, but I don't own the actual CD so I can't verify whether he's in any of the shots.

Although he didn't played bass, Méndez is in the shots. There're two of them in the reissue booklet. The one on page three; well, his pose is funny; there's one more photo and the four of them are crouched down. Moonlapse, is Mikael's shot for Still Life the part of the whole band photo you mean?

And one more thing: I heard sometime the Damnation photo tries to imitate a Black Sabbath band photo. Which one is it?

Demoke said:
Although he didn't played bass, Méndez is in the shots. There're two of them in the reissue booklet. The one on page three; well, his pose is funny; there's one more photo and the four of them are crouched down. Moonlapse, is Mikael's shot for Still Life the part of the whole band photo you mean?

And one more thing: I heard sometime the Damnation photo tries to imitate a Black Sabbath band photo. Which one is it?
The damnation photo you speak of is the one where theyre leaning up against the trees.

This photo was supposed to be staged like the infamous band photo of black sabbath found on the poster inside the "master of reality" original LP release. I have this poster framed on my wall, one of the best band photos ive ever seen...it really helps represent the mood and feeling that band is all about.

the opeth one however, looks great...but doesnt nearly capture the mood the sabbath one does...theyll have to keep trying. ;)

here is the picture of mine you can view for reference:

picture.jpg
http://hometown.aol.com/glory2thebrave/myhomepage/picture.jpg

soffan.jpg

I actually really like this photo it has a nice warm feel. I also noticed some things;

Lopez seems to looking at a great picture book
Mendez seems to have just farted
Lindgren is asleep
and Akerfeldt is showing use how big his hands are and we all know what big hands mean......

FUBAR said:
I actually really like this photo it has a nice warm feel. I also noticed some things;

Lopez seems to looking at a great picture book
Mendez seems to have just farted
Lindgren is asleep
and Akerfeldt is showing use how big his hands are and we all know what big hands mean......

i beleive lopez is looking at the inside of a vinyl record sleeve.

........Yes I know but thats not funny...............and I was trying desperatly hard to be funny

It's kind of nice to see how Opeth's atrezzo has changed over the years, just the same as their music has. They're wearing shirts, jackets, ties and even a top hat on the first one!
@FUBAR: If you had tried with the first photo, you might have been funnier... Well you just have to see the face of De Farfalla; well, actually, all of them.

Ninefeet: I'm diggin that Mirage poster . .. was that from an LP too? do you think anymore of those are floating around somewhere?

err said:
Ninefeet: I'm diggin that Mirage poster . .. was that from an LP too? do you think anymore of those are floating around somewhere?
Its not from an LP actually...it was a very limited run of promotional posters for record stores before the album came out. It must be extremely rare...its the ONLY one ive ever seen...even Mikael was interested in checking it out at one point when i was going to sell him some vinyls.

I also have some Camel - Moonmadness promotional ciggarette papers...very cool novelty item with the album cover logo on the package. Ive seen a few of these here and there.