Votes: 0 0.0%
  • In Flames

Votes: 3 11.1%
  • Upon an Oaken Throne

Votes: 3 11.1%
  • Clad in Shadows

Votes: 2 7.4%

• Total voters
Really? It was one of the first three songs they ever wrote, I would have thought at least they played it really early on, like when they used to play stuff like "God Of Thunder" or whatever it's called.

Would be willing to commit murder for a recording of IF doing a KISS cover...

Really? It was one of the first three songs they ever wrote, I would have thought at least they played it really early on, like when they used to play stuff like "God Of Thunder" or whatever it's called.

They didn't tour untill the released The jester race, the songs they played from the Lunar strain album were Behind space and Upon an oaken throne.

You could be right about their early performances though. :p

True!

Too bad they never played it live. :cry:
What makes you so sure that they never did?

Would be willing to commit murder for a recording of IF doing a KISS cover...
Well, then gather your daggers and knives.

I have at least one (audio) bootleg where In Flames played God of Thunder and In Flames.

So far I have 80 In Flames dvd-video bootlegs all the way from 1996 to 2007. The ones in 1997 and 1998 are pretty interesting as they played a lot of songs that they'll never consider playing now such as Upon An Oaken Throne, Stand Ablaze, Dead Eternity, Jester Script Transfigured, The Hive, and even Everything Counts! A couple of bootlegs from 1999 have Zombie Inc, Insipid 2000, and Resin. The most interesting part comes here though. Mikael Stanne on vocals, Glenn on guitars, and Jesper on drums in 2004 play Behind Space, where Peter and Bjorn remain on their same instruments. I almost shit myself when I saw it.

Niklas Sundin told me a couple of months back that they have a VHS of In Flames in 1994 where Mikael was the frontman and Anders Jivarp behind the drum-kit.

By the way, "God Of Thunder" is not a Kiss cover, it's actually a primitive live version of "Stand Ablaze", if I remember correctly. I've heard the bootleg before, it occasionally pops up on YouTube. It's very low quality, but you can hear a bunch of "Stand Ablaze" riffs in the song.

I've got the God of Thunder live song and the quality kinda sucks for the majority of the song and indeed the bootleg, but it's an interesting fossil for sure.

They played shows in 1994, before TJR was released. Don't think they ever toured properly until after TJR, though.

Yep, its on the 1994 boot. The setlist was:

Behind Space
Starforsaken
Everlost
In Flames
God of Thunder
Clad in Shadows

Yeah dude they didn't tour properly until The Jester Race.

I think Lunar Strain isn't that great. Dreamscape, Behind Space, Clad in Shadows and Oaken Throne are all great songs.. but the rest however seem rushed and forced and generally just shit.

I like Lunar Strain a little more then behind space I think it really is the pinnacle of Melodeath that song,Jotun and Episode 666