Votes: 55 26.7%
  • Deliverance

Votes: 18 8.7%
  • Damnation

Votes: 7 3.4%
  • Ghost Reveries

Votes: 29 14.1%

• Total voters
Wow, what happened to all the Ghost Reveries votes i wonder? Not too long ago that was way up there with BWP or Still Life - looks like opinions have changed drastically and GR fans who once praised the album aren't praising it as much anymore, hehe. I'm one of them - fell in love with the album at first, but now I realize as fantastic as it surely is, it's not quite the best. MAYH and Still Life as well as BWP are all superior.

Imo, Deliverance is still probably my least...aye, it's hard to say because even deliverance has CLASSIC moments.

In any case, looks like the big three now are MAYH, SL & BWP - good choices.

Alcapoth said:
looks like opinions have changed drastically and GR fans who once praised the album aren't praising it as much anymore, hehe.

I'm a fan of GR and still think it's the best (although havent heard D&D yet). I got into Opeth with BWP and liked it very much. I listened a bit to SL and also MR then, but when GR came out this was the one that really dropped my jaws. After that, I decided to actually buy all the other albums (still missing D&D as said before). I listened to all of those closely and I'm not sure whether to ranke SL or BWP higher, but I'm still sure, GR is the best. So, my ranking is:

1. GR
2. BWP + SL
3. MAYH
4. MR
5. Orchid

I voted for Ghost Reveries, mainly because it's the first full Opeth album I dove into, so it holds a special place for me. However, Blackwater Park and Still Life hold a close tie for second. Both of those albums, Still Life slightly more than BWP, are simply outstanding pieces of work.