Best All-Clean Opeth Song

What is your favorite clean vocal Opeth piece?

• To Bid You Farewell

Votes: 38 33.9%
  • Credence

Votes: 13 11.6%
  • Benighted

Votes: 9 8.0%
  • Face Of Melinda

Votes: 16 14.3%
  • Harvest

Votes: 12 10.7%
  • A Fair Judgement

Votes: 18 16.1%
  • Damnation(the album)

Votes: 6 5.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Uh dude, you missed a few songs... what happened to Requiem, Silhouette, Epilogue, Patterns in the Ivy, Patterns in the Ivy 2, Still Day Beneath the Sun, Prologue, Madrigal... that's if you also count the songs with no vocals.

If you dont then you still missed Still Day Beneath the Sun and Patterns in the Ivy 2.

Anyway, out of that list.. my favourite is Face of Melinda, hands down, no competition.

It's very tough as usual . I think A fair Judgement has something special like anyone said . I'd say like God , most are wonderful and the remaining just below

Face of Melinda!!!! Beautiful song, I think AFJ takes too long at the end...(a bit of a Deliverance problem there...However I love the album!), but Face of Melinda wins! Harvest is close behind.

Hey, all of you who said so are right! I did forget Still Day... and PITI2. Aren't those on the BWP limited edition pressing? I don't have that one, so I guess they slipped my mind. Sorry!

BTW, I also voted TBYF.

'Damnation', 'cause not many people picked it, and I wanna be different. :loco:

It's a great album, too. :D

I'd say Face of Melinda - that ending is so powerful, especially live.

I might be the only one here that thinks this, but there's one part in the middle of A Fair Judgement that really bothers me production wise I guess you might say... right when everything else fades away and there's that quiet, distant-sounding acoustic guitar part playing in only the left earphone. I just find the sound of it playing in my one ear to be annoying and taking away from my enjoyment of that part of the song. Once it picks up with the vocals it's very beautiful, but that acoustic playing so sharply in my left ear like that really bothers me.

Don't get me wrong, I mean musically it's perfect and very fitting for that part of the song, but I think it would come across much better if the sound was more centered yet still all haunting and quiet in it's atmosphere. To me, it would be a smoother transition to the more full sounding part, rather than me feeling like I have to turn down the volume because of the sharpness of the sound in my left ear. I guess you could say it's just one pet peeve I have with an otherwise great song... that and the point that has been made before about the doom-ish ending going on too long to remain interesting.