An Opeth album with clean vocals only

The death vocals are in my opinion the best part about Opeth. Getting rid of them completely would be a travesty. Listen to In Flames now. Anders was about fifty times better at growling than he is at singing, and the music has lost a lot of its touch without the growls (that shit he does now sure as hell isn't real growling). Mikael is waaaaaaaaaaaaaayyy too good at growling to quit doing it.

Mike's death growls are his trademark and Opeth's as well..Mike is the one of the best death growlers in the business hands down..Damantion is good with haunting melodies but I like the contrast of clean and death vocals that Opeth are famous for..
I genrally love and am used to cookie monstor vocals and I consider growling a trade mark of true death metal..
That's just my taste but if you want all clean vocals listen to Damnation as Mike's clean vocals are just as expressive as his growls..-l-

narcisco said:
What is a non metal. Surely there are listeners who are partly metal. Who maybe listen to metal sometimes, but listen to other stuff. Man I don't know if those people exist on mass but I am one of them. I love metal much to the amusement of everyone I know. I would argue this is the normal rather then the exceptional experience of most metalheads. We are a minority, unless you live on planet metal.
Is this simple fact not the defining moment of a metalhead. We are all not Manowar warriors but rather men or women making a living doing wwhat we do and loving this music. I tried as a musician and it did not work out for me. I am not bitter but rather exultant that the scene carries on with my small and microscopic support thru CD sales and websites.
That is the best I can do.

A non-metal is a non metalhead. Somone who thinks all metal sounds the same. Thinks all metal is angry. Thinks all metal is satanic. Thinks all metal is a bunch of grungey guys playing thier instruments as fast as they can, or think its just noise. These are non-metals. They do not matter.

I never really got death vocals until opeth, now I see the power and generall coolness of just letting rip a fat fucking growl ;0)

Fuck's sake. I think the worst thing Opeth could do would be to have the heavy/clean stuff with just clean vox. If they were going to ditch growls altogether then i think I'd rather them stick to playing mellow prog. But I really hope they never do ditch the growls and continue making fantastic death/prog crosover albums.